Deer Hunting Guide Service in CA?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by LeakyW8ers, Aug 11, 2017.

1. tule

tule Elite Refuge Member

Guides ARE hookers, in the literal sense. People pay guides a certain price to provide a certain service. Some are more expensive than others. Some will get you the end result you desire for a set price, but some guides will also save that "extra service" for the person they know will either pay more or tip extremely well.

Some guides are really cheap, and that is called the back alley special, and you will most likely be told that animal is as good as anything you will see, and you end up blowing off early and be disappointed.

Then there are those guides that give 5 star service, they work their butts off scouting and know where the animals are and have access like you wouldn't believe...........but if you havnt booked them yet, your about a year or two too late in reserving a spot for this year.......not to mention you will need to sell your liver to afford them.

Or you can go to one of the hottest zones in CA on your own and have a great time knowing you did all the ground work and deserve what ever animal falls to your trigger finger!

2. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Good thing it's his tag!!!

Does this place have green ink fonts? If not, it should...

Brottboss, LeakyW8ers and Dan Mallia like this.
  3. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

You must be on the rag!

4. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Well if you do it yourself let me know.Saw a buck while antelope hunting that my buddy and I would consider a buck in any state, any season, and any tag.A honest 29+ wide and tall typical 4x4 with mass.Cool watching him tilt his rack moving through the bushes.I would have traded my goat tag in a heartbeat to shoot that buck!!

5. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

He's already growing.. you told me 28",;).. lol,. plus he is already getting scouted by a buddy,... you got any pics. on your phone?..:dv

6. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Haha - I didn't tell you about the big one
    That guy owes me dinner if he gets it
    Oh there are pictures on that phone somewhere in Fairchild Swamp

7. LeakyW8ers

LeakyW8ers Senior Refuge Member

For those who have provided suggestions or offered to help in any way I really appreciate it.

For those who have been critical of my decision to go with a guide, that's okay. If I had the time off to be able to do this all on my own, I surely would be doing it. But I really don't have that much time to really do it 100% on my own.

I have booked a guide and we've set up 3 late season options for areas and he's been pretty great to work with. I've had a lot of help so far getting to this point. And there's a fair amount of work to do to get my gear dialed in.

DMC, I sent you a PM about this.

Powder likes this.
  8. feetdown7

feetdown7 Refuge Member

Sounds like you are doing what works for you. Great choice, now kill a huge buck and post some pics!!! Good luck!

9. Pickleweed

Pickleweed Senior Refuge Member

Good luck, LeakyW8ers!

10. wtrfwlnut

wtrfwlnut Elite Refuge Member

Cant wait to see the pic!!