Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Deleted Post! Prime Hook Blind as seen from roadway.

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Dizzy Duck, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

In order to avoid anymore "crying" about using "discretion" in posting an image from a public place on a public marsh of federally operated land who we all pay taxes and or buy duck stamps to use and enjoy and share, I pulled the Prime Hook post that drew attention from an out of state, non resident to begin with who felt he wanted to keep this place to himself or a few select others. I suggest that he and those others reach into their pockets and lease or buy private land or marsh like the rest of us do in order to keep others out if that's what he and others prefer.

Also this is a public forum as well! I have never in my life seen such unsportsmanlike behavior, lack of camaraderie, selfishness, protectionism and whining. It reminds me of five year old's fighting over a sandbox at a state park. Its downright pathetic and immature.

2. Rick618

Rick618 Elite Refuge Member

Glad I got to see that, nice photos.

3. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

Nice Photos Dizzy! I would put them back up. I don't know who was complaining about it but it was a nice picture. If you can drive to a "public" location and choose to share the picture than that is your right. It is the same as if you hunted a public blind and posted the pictures. Keep posting up Dizzy, I enjoy your pictures.

4. MNapier

By the way, Prime Hook is a federal wildlife refuge which means we all own it. Quit crying.

5. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Nice pics.

I saw 'em, I didn't cry to you, but please understand that there are only so many places to hunt around here, and they are getting fewer and farther between, not to mention more expensive. Not everyone can afford a lease.

I know it's public, but do you not understand how you are screwing many of your hunting brethren?

How about some pics of what Penciltucky has to offer?

6. ButtonBuck

ButtonBuck Elite Refuge Member

I knew that blind looked really familiar.

7. MNapier

I see what you are saying but what is the difference between posting these pictures and they guys that come on here with there pictures of ducks saying that they hunted prime hook. If you are going to "flock" to prime hook based on Dizzy's pictures from that one day then you probably don't know what is going on to begin with.

8. Jerry

Jerry Elite Refuge Member

Dang I missed the pics. We have a saying on the IL boards
    Just anoter ramp near a McDonalds:l

9. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

Allan, this was not aimed at you folks from Delaware, but the complaint came from a Maryland non resident hunter who always is the first to bash folks from Pennsylvania. I never posted these images to give away some secret hunting spot that you guys want to keep hidden from other wandering eyes.
    It's plainly in view from a public roadway and is highly visible and frequently utilized by waterfowl watchers as well as hunters. It was not like I was scouting around looking for places to advertise or invite hundreds of folks to overrun your favorite spots. I just thought it was quite significant that the thousands of snow geese were so close and not disturbed by the two hunters that were using this blind.

I'm certainly not your foe! There are a lot of hunting publications out there that make a profit by outdoors writers making public to the entire US locations to hunt public land and Federal Refuges. The refuges themselves make it public information that they allow hunting to anyone who passes through their visitor center. They do this as a "thank you" to every one who pays an entrance fee, buys a yearly permit or purchases a Federal Duck Stamp. These folks depend on this money to make improvements, purchase more land and maintain our places that we tend to take for granted.

This post was by no means a ploy to "screw my hunting brethren". It was not meant to screw any one but to share with a few friends on this forum a image or two I found amusing.

As far as Penciltucky, I can recall a few years back when you folks on the shore had a suspended AP Goose season and a lot of us Penciltuckian's opened up our farms to you fellas to have a place to hunt Canada's with generous limits at no charge to you guys other than a 7 day small game hunting license. As a matter of a fact to this day, we still welcome you to come up and share our farms with a simple smile and a knock on the door and a promise to pick up after yourselves and a perhaps not to drive on our freshly planted winter wheat. We are not interested in leasing our farms to your guides to profit from our resources and charge you guys high fees.

As far as "my" so called PA Navy invasion of the Shore. I invade to photograph birds and wildlife. I might at an invitation from some of my Delaware or Maryland Friends, hunt on occasion, but it's rare. Most of my hunting in Maryland is on the western shore on my own private 1200 feet of waterfront on our farm on St. Jeromes Creek in St. Marys County which my brother dropped 700 thousand dollars for our own little piece of paradise.

So fear not my friend!

Dizzy

10. HIGHBALLS

HIGHBALLS Elite Refuge Member

If it'll take some of the heat off of you, I can post the blind number. ;)

Your photos didn't show a thing that wouldn't be easily visible on a very basic, road scouting mission. It's not exactly a super, top secret spot. :rolleyes:

Great photos, by the way!