Delta Adopt-a-Pothole Fundraiser Challenge

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Widgnwhacker, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Widgnwhacker

Widgnwhacker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Snipeklr

We only have 3 contributers so far Chance, Azsprig and myself. We need $150.00 to get a pothole. We have to send the funds to Delta and they in turn will send all donors a certificate. I was just trying to get the members of this forum together to pull this off. If we can get a few more people to kick in $25.00 , we can do this. Please make all checks out to Delta Waterfowl thanks for wanting to help. Maybe after we get this first Pothole in the Arizona Forum name we can go for a complex and then the business money would really help!! :D

WW

2. SNIPEKLR

SNIPEKLR Refuge Member

WELL HERE'S THE DEAL,

MY COMPANY WILL CONTRIBUTE $300.00 TO THE CAUSE.

I HAVE ALREADY ADOPTED A POTHOLE THIS YEAR BUT I WILL ALSO SEND A CHECK IN FOR 200$

THAT WILL MAKE A TOTAL CONTRIBUTION OF 500$ WITH 4 CONTRIBUTORS.

THE COMPANY CHECK WILL GO OUT THE EARLY PART OF THIS WEEK. AND MY PERSONAL CHECK WILL GOT OUT AFTER I GET BACK FROM MY TURKEY HUNT IN MAY (AROUND THE 15TH)

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE PEOPLE THAT POST ON THIS FORUM? JIM&JAKE, SPOONKLR, DR QUACK ETC.

CONSERVATION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF HUNTING.

I BELIEVE THIS WILLGIVE THE AZ FORUM A POTHOLE COMPLEX RIGHT?

3. Jim and Jake

Jim and Jake Senior Refuge Member

Very year you see Delta asking for money adopt a pothole.
    Delta is a great foundation. But what is Delta none in Arizona in the last 10 years, Its a big O. I'm getting Old waiting for Delta to give back to Arizona wildlife. Sorry no money here (just my option) Was a number for 10+ years, but no more!
    :mad: :confused: :D

4. SNIPEKLR

SNIPEKLR Refuge Member

SO JIM,

WHAT YOUR SAYING IS, THAT BECAUSE AZ GETS NO DIRECT BENEFIT YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT DELTA?

SO WHAT ABOUT THE DUCKS YOU SHOOT?

WHAT ABOUT PUBLICALLY SUPPORTING HUNTERS RIGHTS?

DO YOU BENEFIT FROM EITHER OF THESE?

EVERY DUCKHUNTER BENEFITS FROM ORGANIZATIONS LIKE DELTA

UNFORTANATLEY THEY DON'T FLY OVER WITH A D/U OR DELTA LABEL ON THEM BUT WITHOUT THE SUPPORT IN THE PRAIRIE POTHOLE REGION THE DUCKS WOULD HAVE LIMITED BREEDING GROUNDS AND IN TURN MEANS LESS DUCKS FOR US TO SHOOT.
    AND LAST TIME I CHECKED A MAP THE PRAIRIE POTHOLE REGION IS SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR FLYWAY.

I GUESS I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT SO MANY HUNTERS SUBSCRIBE TO THE THEORY "IF I DO FOR YOU WHAT DO I GET

HOW ABOUT THIS JIM, HOW ABOUT SUPPORTING THE FORUM THAT YOU POST ON BY SHOWING THE OTHER FORUMS THAT AZ IS CONCERNED ABOUT CONSERVATION AND THAT IT'S IMPORTANT TO ALL HUNTERS.
    :eek: BUT IF $25.00 IS TOO MUCH FOR YOU TO SPARE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CUT A CHECK FOR YOU AND SEND IT TO JEFF WITH YOUR NAME ON IT SO YOU CAN BE A PART OF A GREAT ORGANIZATIN ONCE AGAIN.

5. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

Just to show you how my feeling go I will send you a check for $25 dollars from your california buddy for delta no mater where the Pot hole is our birds make it to part of the pot hole region,many birds from calif and AZ nest in the dakota's and canada,Your check will be in the mail tomorrow or Friday!! Spec

6. SNIPEKLR

SNIPEKLR Refuge Member

SPEC YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED...HEY I WAS READING ON DELTAS SITE AND SAW WHAT A HELL OF A JOB YOU GUYS DID OUT IN CALIFORNIA RAISING FUNDS...WESTCOASTER IS MY HUNTING PARTNERS FATHER ...I HUNTED DOVE WITHHIM HERE IN AZ LAST YEAR....ONE HELL OF A GUY.

ANYWAY GOOD JOB ON RAISING THOSE FUNDS FOR DELTA. :D

7. Jim and Jake

First let me say my hat go off to you.

But my support and money goes to help wildlife in Arizona. I have lived in Arizona for over 40 years and have seen other states get money for there project for waterfowl and year after year Arizona gets very little. None from Delta

The days when the money needed to go north are over. Their Area where U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service are picking up the eggs from ducks and geese.

Du as none project in Arizona a Big one back in 1986 up in Show low and this year they're helping to get Havasu Beal Lake opens again.

Where is Delta?

8. Widgnwhacker

Ok guys lets not get into a major ****in match. First I want to say Thanks !! to all who have stepped up to the plate here. I would also like to say that it really doesn't matter where the money goes because it is going to Delta and it will be used in the Pothole Region :D That area is the lifeblood of our migration. So in saying that Delta is helping Arizona .

Jim and Jake ,

It is your choice to not donate to Delta :confused: , but like I said it is your choice. We all have choices in life and they all have consequenses. I support CWA but I do not live in California. I also support D.U. and for that matter , any group that is working for the common goal we all enjoy Waterfowl Hunting and Waterfowl Conservation :D

So to some it up. If you don't support them then you really have no right to bitch..

WW

9. Jim and Jake

Sorry Widgnwhacker

Post your name you have the right to give your option. If you notice I have not said a word!

I think why Arizona are not giving one out of ten households as one person out of work

10. Widgnwhacker

Jim & Jake ,

You did post this tidbit in an earlier post :But what is Delta none in Arizona in the last 10 years, Its a big O. I'm getting Old waiting for Delta to give back to Arizona wildlife. Sorry no money here well I would call that bitching.. Just my opinion..

WW