Delta Adopt-a-Pothole Fundraiser Challenge

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Widgnwhacker, Apr 5, 2002.

1. SNIPEKLR

SNIPEKLR Refuge Member

Widgn I just spoke to 10 gauge and he will be sending in a check be on the lookout in the mail.

Jim,

Try to look at it like this, I don't think it's fair to compare the two organizations (d/u, and Delta) They definately have 2 different conrvation strategies. D/U spends alot of time getting local Wetlands opened back up and working directly with state organizations, where delta spends alot of time making sure that Ducks have good Breeding habitat in the prairie pothole region, minimizing predators for grweat surviability of duck clutches. Ultimately We benifit from both organizations.

:D Keep Your Water out of Your Waders

2. Jim and Jake

Jim and Jake Senior Refuge Member

SNIPEKLR, I think your right what Du is and what Delta is not
    I'm just getting old that big 60 are coming this year. People needs to get out and plant seeds for waterfowl on the rivers of Arizona Local waterfowl needs your help, Its going to be a bad year most of the water is bad with very little food. I know I have plant waterfowl food mixture and MARSH SITE MIX and 2 salt blocks. DU and Game and fish can not do it all. Save some of your money for local waterfowl.

3. 10GAUGE

10GAUGE Refuge Member

HEY WIGNWHACKER,SNIPEKLR TOLD ME TO GET OFF MY BACK SIDE AND SEND YOU SOME $$$$$$$ (BEEN BUSY CRAPPIE FISHIN) SO WILL SEND YOU A CHECK THIS WEEKEND. SOMETHING ABOUT BUYING A POTHOLE?? IS THAT HERE IN PHX ON OUR WONDERFUL STREETS?? (JUST KIDDING) SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL FOR US WITH DELTA??
    (WHO THE HECK IS AZSPRIG))???? IS HE STILL ALIVE??

4. George

George Elite Refuge Member

OK AZ lets see how you guys do. Got to beat CA's $4000 !

As for Delta not helping AZ, well the same could be said for CA. Talk about way out of their flyway ! Delta helps the ducks its very pro-hunting so its got my support.

Gook luck,

George

5. Widgnwhacker

Widgnwhacker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

George ,

Thanks for your input. Keep in mind that the Cali Forum has about 10 times the members that we do here on the Az Forum . There are many of us here that are aware of what Delta does for the Ducks . We only have one so far that does not want to contribute and that is his choice. If you would like to send us some of your money we would be glad to put it towards are efforts to support Delta.. :D

WW

6. Widgnwhacker

10 Guage ,

Got your donation to Delta in the mail yesterday!! Thanks for being part of the cause and supporting the Arizona Forum here at the Refuge!! :D

WW

7. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

Did I send you a check or not to much going on!! Ray

8. Widgnwhacker

Not yet Ol' Buddy

WW

9. Widgnwhacker

Ok Gang,

So far I have recieved checks from Chance , 10guage and just arrived $300.00 dollar donation from Peter Sumner of American Commercial Credit of Phoenix !! Looks like we are on our way to a Pothole Complex. I also spoke with John Devney of Delta this morning and made him aware of our fundraiser. He was very excited !! Thanks again gang and tell your buddies :D :D

WW

10. SNIPEKLR

SNIPEKLR Refuge Member

GLAD TO SEE YOU RECEIVED THE CHECK TODAY WIDGN....HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A COMPLEX FOR AZ