Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dem duks South yet?

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by feathhd, Dec 29, 2003.

1. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

What is the ducks looking like in the SIQZ or are they still north of yah. I checked up in Pierr and they still had 70K mallards and that is just one place. I hate to start adding up all the places from there to SI.

I hear Arkie land aint doing so good as well any truth to the info fella'zz?

2. ringedneck

ringedneck Senior Refuge Member

Union Co and Horseshoe have been holding decent numbers for most of the season, but from reports i'm getting action is slow in the surrounding areas. Rend and Pyramid both dead, birds there know decoys and calls by brand name. Just haven't had any new migrators to speak of in a while.

3. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
    i have seen no ducks, but i hear buckduck is killin the hell outta them at gun creek...

4. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack Elite Refuge Member

Plenty here, just VETERANS now. They need to leave and RAW RECRUITS take their place.

Cap

5. buckduck

buckduck Elite Refuge Member

Now dd you know the only thing I`ve killed the last four trips is time.I am deserting the lake tomorrow for a day and hunting a slough.Might atleast kill a few gray ducks. We sure need some new birds in the Rend area.I think the ones here now not only know the name of the call being blown but who is blowing it.hehe
    I hear thing are dead in your area also?

6. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

In 21 years of waterfowling, I've never shot at Blue-Winged Teal & Goldeneyes in the same week.....until this year.
    Been hunting the Kaskaskia River & Union County lately & still see Bluewings, Pintails, Spoonies (early ducks) along with Goldeneyes, Mallards & Common Mergs (late ducks). Kinda weird but at least we're seeing a few birds.
    The only thing I know for sure is that its still duck season & thats better than it NOT being duck season.

7. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

Checkin to see if you guys was getting any action or where the action was happenin. Will be down in Grandtower Il in Jackson County next week to pick up a New 16' enclosed Decoy Trailer. Since I was gonna be there I may just take my gun and head over to lost pond or the scatters for a day.
    ;)

8. zettler

zettler Elite Refuge Member

Bill,

Why are you concerned (only) if the Dem(ocrat) ducks are down south or not?

Fill in your own punchline here ____________________.

Hope all is well wherever you are!

Bob

9. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
    pack a good picnic basket bill. in all seriousness, the hunting is dreadful. unless things change before wednesday, i am sleeping in the 31 and 1st............buck. killin time over here too, thats about all. i've had 1 really good hunt on the west side and a shi$load of bad ones...... swatted more mosquitos yesterday than in october..

10. deadbird

deadbird Senior Refuge Member

we still have a ton of ducks up here in the Havana area. All of the back water have open back up. We have been goose hunting on our duck hole all week and have had groups as big as 50 mallards landing in the goose dekes. Until we get some snow a dont think there leaving.