Demon Coffee

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by boodog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

How do you guys in California live with the constant inanity (I'm an ex Bay Area boy and I emphasize EX)?-latest is your courts want to compel coffee makers/sellers to label the coffee they sell as a carcinogen. Huge penalties for not doing so. What's next-bubble gum?

2. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

I find it funny how a lot of the ex-pat Californians come on here to the Ca forums to remind us how bad California has gotten.

Serious question........... Is it cathartic or is it a case of maybe the grass is always greener..... or perhaps its to rub our noses in it? Truly I want to know.

We get it..... you're happy in your new digs and you never have to worry about our sad state again, you never even think of California anymore....... or do you....??

Not specifically picking on you boodog.... its a common theme. Hope you are enjoying Eastern Washington and their non-compelling coffee laws.

3. ricer man

ricer man Senior Refuge Member

4. Potholes Mark

Potholes Mark Senior Refuge Member

The crazy part is that the wetside follows the insane legislation ideas from the californians, I am a also a transplant from Northern CA
    but all my family is still living the dream!!!

5. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

If it were practical for me to leave I'd be gone. However, I'm bound to this state for the next 14 years. After that I'll be gone.

I fear what this state's affairs will be as my kids become adults.

6. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

If it weren't for the people it would be a great state. Where's that meteor strike when you need it most.

7. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

I agree. It's such a great state! Moved out in 1992, and still miss it. Get to come back to hunt in January for a couple weeks...that should remind me it's better for me here.

8. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

Legitimate comment. No 'in your face' intention as western Washington is a California wannabe. Just couldn't resist when I read the coffee article. It is what it is.

9. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

No doubt its got a ton going for it, problem is the dream got too big and too many folks moved out here. Now its too big!

There are crazy rules, people, traffic, laws etc but you don't see a lot of folks complaining about the liberal waterfowl limits, 107 day season and excellent variety and quantity of birds that come down the pacific flyway.

Oh and the jobs do tend to pay quite well..... which they take in taxes anyhow. :flame

Ryan and freefall like this.