Dems trying to snatch defeat out of the jaws of the Blue Wave

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by cootmeurer, May 22, 2018.

1. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

That's what I heard. So she already knows how the federal gov works.

double limit and pintail2222 like this.
  3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Ain't it the truth!

Recent financial disclosures show Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams owes the IRS more $50,000. It’s for deferred tax payments, and she’s on a repayment plan.

Abrams also has more than $170,000 in credit card and student loan debt. At the same time, she’s loaned her campaign $50,000.

44 years old w/ that much student loan debt? Don't you graduate from college at around 24? So 20 years and you still haven't paid it down to the average balance of students in their 40s loan debt of $33,765?

double limit and widgeon like this.
  4. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

The sad thing is, she's not alone in that regard. I'm surprised at all the folks who carry student loan debt into retirement.

double limit and pintail2222 like this.
  5. pintail2222

Ah yes - they must be the types who only make the minimum monthly payment at a 6.8% interest rate... :doh

And yet she has $50,000 to loan her campaign... Imagine how much she'd have to loan her campaign if she would have paid down that student loan debt a 6.8% interest rate ASAFP years ago!

double limit likes this.
  6. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

It looks like, especially since May 1st, there has been an across the board shift in these polls toward Republicans in the generic ballot. What was a 10pt advantage for dems in December is now only 3 pts. This change means the difference between likely losing both the house and senate to likely keeping majorities in both and possibly picking up senate seats. A 3pt advantage for democrats is incredible news for republicans because in the generic ballot Republicans normally perform 2-3 pts better than that poll. Historically, 3pts is a tie. Given the current Republican numerical advantage in the house and the large number of democrat Senators facing reelection in red states, a tie goes firmly in favor of the Republicans.

My spit ball interpretation is that the folks liked their tax refunds and democrats are over playing their hand in the nomination process. The closer you get to election day and candidates win nomination battles, the more that "generic" candidate actually has a name and a platform. Most states have now completed their nomination process. An actual candidate inevitably falls far short of an imaginary one. That said, the democrats will likely move to the center as the general election approaches.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words so...

upload_2018-5-23_9-10-31.png

widgeon and double limit like this.
  7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Alls the Rs need do now, is get out and vote. No matter what the polls say, getting out and casting a ballot can't hurt their chances.

8. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Agreed. I would like to see more of a push by the republicans to get folks registered for mail in votes like the dems have done and continue to push strongly. I believe the dems are also looking at how the can fabricate votes by mail or in person but I believe many hard working folks not on the entitlement teet get frustrated with long voting lines and give up on trying to vote. I think the dems keep the voting poll houses all screwed up just to discourage folks to vote while they get their base to do mail in votes

9. pintail2222

I agree - but I need the Rs to give me a reason to go vote for them. Rick Scott telling me that he is not Bill Nelson isn't going to do it.

stevena198301 likes this.
  10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You could always run as an I. Folks would vote for you.

pintail2222 likes this.