DFG sticks it to unattached waterfowl hunters.

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by buriani, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ditchbanker

ditchbanker Elite Refuge Member

CWA and DU get it right most of the time
    ...both groups will continue to get my support
    ...but that wont stop me from letting them know im unhappy about this particular decision and outcome. What have i learned by complaining about it here? I've learned I'm not the only guy unhappy about it...heck, I've got messages from a guy here that are so detailed he has got to be very close to the process and just as unhappy although he felt powerless to stop it.

I've been close to enough non-profits to understand their desire to stay away from controversy...in this case, our non profits let us down, the public agency let us down. Perhaps nothing more can be done...but maybe those entities will think a little harder next time.

Edit...and just in case DU is paying attention...I do not trust Mr Bonderson's intntions...I believe Mr Bonderson is active in DU for his personal gain...so dont bother soliciting my help on any inititiative with his name accossiated with it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  2. huntandfishguy

huntandfishguy Refuge Member

I would bet that the deal between Bird Haven and CWA was in place from the start just like all backroom deals work...Someone prove me wrong? PLEASE! I hate to be so cynical...

3. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

It would be more about including everyones opinion vs. changing others opinions. Perhaps many of the public hunters would hear the testimony of witnesses to the events, maybe video, pictures, etc. and could be persuaded that it would be the right course of action to take. Moreover there could have been a much better mitigation plan then what public hunters ended up with.

The point is everyone (especially the users) should be well informed and included.