Did Dubyah Know?

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by La. Legend, May 20, 2002.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Legend,

Hang on to your hat there, friend. I wasn't trying to turn this into a p i s s i n' match at all. I'm familiar with your feelings about BC, I just don't happen to agree with most/any of them....that's ok.

Please allow me to requote what I said...
    I was referring to the mediocrity in our "Intelligence" community. I don't have all the facts and figures in front of me, but I believe if you check the details, our "snoops" have become more of a garden variety tea party than they need to be in this world. I hold BC, Reno, AND Congress responsible for that. However, since BC and Reno managed the primary players and gave the directions on a day to day basis, that is where the buck stops for the most part.

I won't get into my feelings about Bill and Hillary and their compadres, except to say that none of them are welcome in my home, and I surely don't trust my future to any of them. Is the Bush clan clean? Probably not, and no, I don't like some of George Bush, Sr.'s views on things either, i.e., "One World Government".

As for the economy, BC was forced to adopt the Republican economic plan, and he took credit for it when he found out it worked. Again, check the details of the history on it.

I agree that all of this should be investigated, from OUTSIDE Washington, in order to learn things from it. I have my own suspicions and doubts as to potential hidden agendas, be they Bush's, his administration, or various long-term staff people spread throughout the government (many from the Clinton era). Keep in mind that there are hundreds/thousands of staffers still in key positions who just "might" have liked to see things transpire which would lead us down the road to further erosion of our rights, liberties and freedoms.

No harm, no foul here....I think we're on the same wavelength in wanting to know what's going on.

2. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator

La,

Your views on politics must have slipped by me. I never knew. Sometimes I just assume, incorrectly, that hunters would be similar in their thinking regarding these kinds of things.

I am going to try to take the high road on this and hopefully dispell some of the obvious errors in your statements.

1. No it could not have been stopped. Why? We live in a country that protects people from other countries against having their liberties infringed based on suspicion. They can be investigated and watched but unless they commit the crime we usually have our hands tied, usually by liberal thinking people that have no idea what is true liberty. They took advantage of our freedoms to hurt us.

2. Was anything done to prevent it? How do you prevent something that you cannot predict? Unless they have positive proof with names and all in one department, it is just a puzzle with missing pieces. Now that they are trying to do something about it, liberals starting crying racism for profiling people that fit into the description.

3. There is no way that this would get the media attention that it has with a Democratic President, especially if it was Gore. They hate anything convervative and will abuse their constitutional rights to slander anyone conservative. This would be old news by now if it was Gore.

4. Your reference to the reduction in the deficit is a result of three things: the LARGEST tax increase ever, new accounting methods and the strong economy, which Clinton had nothing to do with. It was a result of past administrations and the boom of the internet(majority of purchases are still not taxed). If I was to give Clinton any credit it would be that he did nothing to screw up the economy while it was strong. Our deficit is a result of "benevolence" spending that should be stopped.

5. Calling Rush Limbaugh a traitor is like calling Bill Clinton a patriot. All Rush does all day long is expose liberal lies to the truth, that is why he is disliked.

6. I will agree with the others in that this is political in nature. The Dems want the presidency back and the only way that they can chip away at Bush's high ratings is to paint him as someone that allowed this to happen. Unfortunately for them, it is going to backfire. His ratings went back up a little this week and any honest democrat is cringing while the democratic leadership spews lies about what Bush knew.

Hopefully we can keep this discussion somewhat hospitable.

3. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

ROFLMAO I suppose your refering to that trickle down economic policy that never did trickle? Hell it never even dripped. If it had Clinton would have never been elected in the first place. Just like you guys on the other side of the fence to try and take credit for everything positive in this country. No one is blaming Bush. No he wasn't my choice but I'm very happy with him so far. Go back and read my post very carefully. this is not about politics. Somebody needs to blame somebody for having all this information, if there is any truth to it, and not taking it more serious tho. According to staff meeting records it never even got a second look. A large number of Arabs in flight training schools, known threats of hi jackings, 2 of bin Ladens top hench men known to be in this country with no serious efforts to find them , give me a break. Captured terrorist telling us they had planned to use passenger planes as weapons and we damn sure knew that the Pentagon was a likely target. So much for "we had no way of knowing theywould use airplanes as weapons of mass destruction" as being another half truth. Doesn't take rocket science to figure out somethng is in the works but yet if went un investigated and Americans lost their lives. Could it have been stopped. Well I don't know nor do you and I guess none of us ever will because no attempt was made. You want facts now theres a fact. Your right Fla boy in assuming I don't think the way a lot of hunters do. I refuse to vote for everyman who comes along that claims he's gonna protect our gun rights. Guns and hunting aint the most important thing in my life. Sorry to have tell you that but my family comes first and not every pro gun activist that comes along has my families best interest at heart. It scares hell out of me when I think about the number of hunters that voted for Bush only because they were afraid Gore was gonna take their guns. Should scare you inspite of the fact that your man won. As for that fat a s s Limbaugh who sits around telling the truth, the truth according to who? The Republican party? Hell he even laughs at himself half the time over the power he has over people who only listen to what they wanna hear. Got filthy rich doing it too. I kinda like that part.;) He is without a doubt the most pompous, pious, arrongant a s s I've ever come across. Well maybe AQ is close:D No thanks but I prefer to think for myself when important issues are at stake and not listen to someone whose exploiting the emotions of others for personal gain. This is not about politics but an issue of right and wrong. Did they do it right? As an American tax payer I feel I have the right to know. I can only speak for myself but I refuse to get wrapped up in the political over tones of this issue. I demand the truth and I feel I have that right? It's doubtful the truth will come from that lieing pig boy. He often will be critical of a Demo, because of lack of anything else, because he felt he wore the wrong color suit. Yeh thats certainly somebody I wanna trust. There are 2 sides to this issue, the Demo's and the Reublicans. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth and thats what I'll base my opinions on. It's the truth I'm lokiong for here and the facts. I'm sure not gonna listen to a bunch of politicians, regadless of party, expecting to be told much of anything that doesn't slant the issue. Sure not gonna believe someone who's making millions slanting the truth either. This is way more imprtant than how the politicians are gonna try to play this out. As fellow hunters, and more importantly American Citizens, I would hope all of you would be interestd in knowing it too without playing politics? Believe what you wanna believe but I'm gonna wait till I know more before I form an opinion one way or the other. I belive they call that thinkig for ones self? Not there's a scary thought. An old duck hunter from La. thinking? LOL

Legend

4. AR Duckbuster

AR Duckbuster Senior Refuge Member

The Dems accusing GWB of knowing about 9/11 and doing nothing is just another LEFT WING CONSPIRACY (see also Enron, Recession) that has backfired. This 9/11 theory is similar to when the dems accused GWB and the Republican party of accepting money from Enron. Now we've discovered that just as many dems took enron contributions. The Dems accusing GWB of plunging the nation into a recession is ridiculous as well. The CLINTON recession was initiated far before GWB took office.

The dems are looking to attack a strong, highly popular president. Unfortunately for them, they are not picking their fights very well.

Following their accusations that GWB knew that 9/11 was looming and did nothing, it came out that Clinton had his chance to get UBL but didn't take it. The Sudan offered Clinton UBL's head, but Slick Willy must have felt his pain and let him go. Even after GWB took office, the intelligence community had been so hobbled by eight years of downsizing and limitation, that it had little or no chance to stop the inevitable.

Clinton's administration opened the door for terrorist attacks and made not attempt to even look at what was coming in. By the time GWB made it in to office, he didn't have enough time or resources to get the door shut before 9/11.

I certainly hope that you guys see what is going on. Dems are looking to get a foot in the door by misplacing the blame on a president that has been in office for just over a year.

5. La. Legend

Damn you guys are funny. Anybody know the number for the tonight show? I need to get you on. You'll surely bring the house down with laughter.:D

Legend

6. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator

What is funny is your ignorance La. Actually it is pathetic.

Q: What platform have the dems used in the last few elections to get elected?

A: None. The dem method of election is don't vote Republican or else...(insert scare tactic of choice).

Name one thing that a democrat has done in the last 20 years that is positive. Hint: You won't be able to.

As for your definition of the truth, well it is a bit screwed up.

Just because you are a taxpayer does not entitle you to know top secret information.

If you want to "blame" someone how about Osma. He is the one that did it. Let's stop this obviously political slandering and get back to the war!

Being accused of playing politics is really funny coming from a democrat. Oh boy, that is rich, LOL, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

7. La. Legend

Excuse me? Whats so top secret about this. Because I demand to know the truth I'm politically slanted huh? What purpose would it serve to point out anything to you because you obviously think you know all the answers anyway or would figure out a way to twist it to give your pals the credit. To me thats the most dangerous politics of all. Surely you don't buy into that garbage that Rush is always right do you? While I do enjoy listen to some of the things he says he's only right about keeping people stirred up and wanting to get them other folks no matter what. I fail to see where anything positive can ever come from that. What was the Republican agenda for 8 years other than lets get Bill? If they had one it sure wasn't at the top of their list and I didn't here much about it. Boy they really did there part to move the country forward huh? It certainly doesn't suprise me that a Republican would resort to caling someone ignorant or twisted because he doesn't agree with them either but hey that don't make you no bad person. So stay in that warm fuzzy little world you've created and blame everyone who doesn't agree with you for all the Worlds woes. Never as any questions because you might not get the answer you wanna hear. Your opinion of me doesn't amount to much more than a pimple on a mules a s s to me anyway so go ahead at take your shots if you must but I'm not your enemy. I'm a pretty good sized boy and I figure I can handle it without having to resort to those types of tatics. Keep on believing that your politician friends wouldn't sell your soul to the devil to stay in office. That they won't figure out away to tell half truths to make themselves look good regardless of party affiliation. Politicians rank right up there with croooked lawyers in my book. If your not a smart sleezy slimy snake in the grass you probably aren't very good at being either. There are a few exceptions.
    When you find yourself in deep poo poo about to cover your head from believing everything you buddys tell you as gospel holler for your ol duck huntin buddy in La. I'll throw you a rope and stick around to help pull you out. Got a better ideal.(now were in trouble for sure lol) Maybe we had better figure out a way to whack some of all them ducks Big Brother keeps telling us we have? If they say we got em I know that there out there somewhere? You seeing my point? Lighten up Fla this is just a fun debate. Actually I am a Demo but I don't always vote or agree with them. You gotta remember that beiing a Demo is a birth rite here in La. Not nearly enough Rebubs here to vote anybody into office but we got a few including a damn good Governor. PEACE

Legend

8. WoodieSC

I refuse to get into a contest with you Legend. I respect your right to have wrong opinions....;)

For the record, I have never voted a straight ticket in my life, at least not intentionally. And like yourself, I want to know what I can about things, and understand as much as possible. At the same time, I trust my instincts on people...good, bad, or ugly...and am usually fairly close in the long run. As much as it hurts sometimes, I also try to be objective. And objectively, I can say that some of what I see coming from GWB and company concerns me a bit...but NO WHERE NEAR what I saw coming from Clinton's Gang. IMHO, we are now paying the price of the intentional dismantling of the CIA and FBI capabilities. Although I'll admit that some of that responsibility also goes to the "Democratic" Congress of the 80's and 90's, with continued failure to fix it by the "Republican Congress" of the later 90's.

I'd love to know the inside scoop on what's really going on, but at the same time, I'm afraid that if I did I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. And that isn't because of the news from overseas, but rather by knowing what the real agendas are inside our own government....:eek:

The first thing we should do is get our butts out of the U.N. and kick their sweet cheeks out of the U.S., tighten our borders, throw out the illegal aliens and any from known terrorist countries, including students....and then have a cold brew together and watch what happens....:D

9. La. Legend

Thank you for giving me the right to be "wrong". :D While your solution seems simple enough on hte surface it not the absolute answer. Kicking out everyone we suspicion will not solve the problem. Having fought in Viet Nam I learned first hand that it's very difficult indeed to know who your enemies are. That same guy you think is your friend may be the one whose bullet kills you. There is nothng conventional about terrorist activity and thats makes it so frustrating. You never know inspite of leaving no stone uncovered but uncover them you must. As for your not wanting to know the truth, the good book tells us seek the truth and it shall set you free. Always has been and always will be that way. Never did much buy into the theory of what I don't know won't hurt me. That false sense of security you surround yourself with at night is the very thing that will bite you in the butt someday. Unless we dig at the truth and someone shoulders the blame if they did wrong it's not likely we'll grow much from this. Will we ever know the whole truth? Not likely. Politicians are kinda quirky abou that if you know what I mean. I appreciate your response and I also respect your "wrong" opinions as well. LOL

Legend

10. WoodieSC

I guess I didn't state myself well.....I agree with you and would like to know the real truth on everything. I was being a bit sarcastic about it scaring me to death. I have no doubt that there are many persons, inside and outside of this country whom would like to do us harm. I understand what you're saying about not knowing who are enemies are, but at the same time, I still think we should do some house cleaning, and tighten things up. I have no intentions of giving up ANY of my rights and freedoms in order to protect the nasties.

With the exception of your "wrong" opinions on the Dems' agenda, I think we're on the same page.......:D

Have a great weekend!