Did Dubyah Know?

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by La. Legend, May 20, 2002.

1. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

If you think that I believe that everyone in office is always telling us all the truth all the time you are sadly mistaken.

BTW, your debating techniques are very strange.

You accuse me of doing exactly what you are doing. If you are going to say I am wrong then show me why, just saying I am wrong will not change my mind and insults don't help any either.

2. duckhuntingUSA

duckhuntingUSA Elite Refuge Member

The battle of the Demo's and Rep's, donkeys and elephants, here on the fuge, who wodda thunk it. Always good to see that duck hunters do actually think bout something besides ducks.
    I don't think I'll take a side, but I do hope all of ya's vote on the issues not the party.
    I can't really blame Clinton or Bush for 911. I think the real problem started way before both of them, when we didn't make the decision to control our borders. Combine that with the old lets be a melting pot idea, and we're getting overrun with foreigners who don't have the best interest of our country at heart. The idea of being a melting pot of diverse people, helped our country get where it is, but times have changed. Our forefathers came here wanting to work together and make a better country. More and more immigrants just segregate themselves from mainstream society, many not even bothering to speak our language. I don't see the contribution any more. The trend of allowing more immigrants in, and letting work go overseas to cheaper labor markets is driving this country down not uplifting it.
    NAFTA and the WTO aren't helping and Bush hasn't stopped illegal immigration but neither did Clinton, no one has.
    I've been told that I can be a little radical and sometimes I agree, but I firmly believe we need to boot all foreigners and get a handle on who's in our country. I think that's been the job of the INS and for whatever reason its hasn't gotten done. Its bad enough that we got illegals on the welfare tit, and making us speak Spanish in our schools, but we're still letting them in, its not getting better. It doesn't matter if you blame it on the democrats or the republicans, it’s our country and it needs fixing.

I’ll relinquish the soap box now. But, that is my opinion.

3. KD

KD Elite Refuge Member

Scratchin my head to hear ole Legend talkin politics here in the forum. hehehe Donnie, you told me once we need to stop the politix talkin in here. Bout 2or 3 yrs ago. Glad to see you join the fuss and stirrin up the pot. hehehe

4. Trailman

Trailman Elite Refuge Member

5. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Good article, trailman.

6. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

Yeh and if Ann Coulter ever wrote an article that was unbiased then it's a possibility the next Pope could be of Jewish faith.;) Hey I like this lady. I like anybody who is strong and is willing to talk about what they believe in. I even admire ol Rush but just like Courvile he gets way out of line sometimes in what he says. I just don't agree with all Ann Coulter prints. She is a political jounalist who has strong ties to her party and her columns are strongly slanted towards her parties beliefs and views. I believe you guys have the wrong impression of me. It's true I'm a registered Demo but you would never know it by looking at how I vote. In fact if they tried to determind my party affiliation from looking at my ballot they would probably conclude I was drunk when I voted.:D Maybe it's because of my training but I try to look at both sides of every issue especially where politics are concerned. Both sides will be extrememly biased and sometimes you have to look very hard to find even find the slightest hint of truth and thats what I base my decisions on. Heres a good example. If I listened to all the hoopla about the prospects of this upcoming season I would probably not buy a license and stay home. I'm not sure what to believe anymore so I belive I'll go find out for myself. Thats the only way I'm gonna ever know for sure. Kinda true of what we hear with all this party bickering these days too. My ol Daddy was a hard core demo back when they were the party of common sense but in all fairness he never tried to pass any of his political views on to me. He encouraged me to find my own and vote my heart. In this day of like father like son thats pretty rare and probably why I have never voted a straight party ticket.

You shudda been here yesterday,
    Legend

7. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

One thing that is a bit of a sticker here is that the FBI and CIA cannot by law, trade or share information with each other. I do not know why. The FBI is supposed to handle domestic issues and the CIA is supposed to handle international issues.

This is something that all congressmen should know, since they are the ones that make the laws.

Having said that, here is what the dems would like us to do:

[​IMG]

8. Whistlewing

Whistlewing Senior Refuge Member

After reading this entire post, I am ROFLMAO.

Who in their right mind would think for a minute that Rush Limbaugh is anything other than a form of entertainment to take with a grain of salt. Of course he is going to be able to find wrong in the Dem Party, he also can find wrong in the Rep Party (and does occasionally). Anything can be taken to one extreme or the other to get a point across.

During my career in the military, I saw good and bad. Good means more money for my pocket, bad means less money in my pocket. Good happened prior to BC, 2% - 4% increase in cost of living to my pay annually. Bad, BC took increase to 0% for first three years in office (used money to "balance" budget). During which time I with two children qualified for Food Stamps, Welfare and other social programs. Mind you I was a member of the worlds greatest military, asked to give my life if it was necessary for the freedom of this country. This does not in any way reflect my party affiliation.
    Another bad was watching the morale in the military drop to an all time low. The feeling in general was that, "no one wants to follow a draft dodger who thought so little of us that he would take away our pawltry 4% raise into battle." Then I watched as our intelligence budget was drastically cut and we lost some of the most important information we could have. The entire time this was going on, the economy of the country was rallying to an all-time high for the civilian community. This just left a bitter taste in my mouth for anyone who ever talks about cutting the defense budget.

Did our current President know that there existed a threat to the American people? Any dumb@$$ could look at the world situation and figure that out. There were not any pictures on the street that would have told us who the bombers were. Asking the people who run flight training schools to notify them if any "MIDEASTERN LOOKING" people enrolled for the classes would be racial profiling. It is against the rights of our citizens to profile people to aid in the security of a nation. So we are faced with a real dilema, WHO is responsible for this attrocity occuring? The answer to that question has already been answered. It was answered the day that the first U.S. bomb exploded in Afghanistan, USAMA BIN LADEN is the guilty party. To place the blame on anyone person based on intelligence information collected in 1998 would be similar to re-opening the Salem Witch Trials.

This is not a War based on Republican and Democrat, this is a war for the preservation of our FREEDOM as a nation. Our nation is in a turmoil right now that has nothing to do with the political parties, but everything to do with our politics. Instead of fighting amongst ourselves and dividing the nation on he said/she said issues, we should band together and support our government and the soldiers and sailors who are risking their lives daily to ensure our freedom to speak our piece and live free. Has it been so long in this country that we cannot remember what it is like to be at war with the world and have only ourselves to lean on?

Your evidence of who started the economical recovery of the U.S. is lame LA and cannot be proved by any economist. The economy revolves in cycles much like the weather. We now call these long winters and short summers evidence of El Nino or La Nina. Old timers called them swings in the weather as apparent in "The Farmer's Almanac". The swings in the economy are caused not only by the administration but by the policies put into effect for generations prior to that administration. I guess everything that Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and George Bush Sr. did to better the way we live have all been surpassed by the greatness of Bill Clinton and his global strategies? Only to be completely trashed in the first year of the Bush Presidency? I don't think so either, the government is like a wheel since the begining of time we have added spokes to see that it continues to roll straight and true. No matter what happens in the next two-hundred years, we will be responsible for a small part of the HISTORY that is taught in school, a very small part (possibly very significant, but yet small).

I affiliate myself with "THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB". If he doesn't live up to his platform, next time I will vote for someone else, it is my RIGHT.

9. AR Duckbuster

AR Duckbuster Senior Refuge Member

Well, it would be easy to say that this war on terrorism has nothing to do with political parties. Unfortunately, one particular party continues to use the war, its cause and the results it produces for political means. The president does not want this to be a political war either. His opponents on the other side of the aisle are not only impedeing his progress, but hoping to ensure that the war is unsuccessful in order to win an election. Folks like Tom Daschle and Dick Gephart should be tarred and feathered for their attempts to gain favor with the American public. They do not hope to win the war quicker or with a lower loss of life. They do not wish us a speedy victory. They wouldn't even want every dead body of every terrorist in the world stacked up in front of them. Why? Because the successful execution of the war by President Bush has made him a popular president and will get him reelected. So when you want an unpolitical war, call the dems up and ask them what the hell they think they're doing. I for one know what they are doing.

10. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

Oh I get it now. When Clinton bomb terrorist compunds and stops ethnic cleansing with air power alone, which the Repubs said he couldn't do,and does it without losing 1 American in combat it's political right? When Bush starts a war against terrorist its the patriotic thing to do. Geez how could I have been so dumb? Thanks for the heads up. No doubt in my mind that Bush's heart is in the right place. He's a good man who wants to do right but I'm not sure his cronies are gonna let him? You can bet there playing this thing for every political advantage they can. The Demos point this out and there the bad guys? Would somebody point to the proof that Clinton was a draft dodger. Now he sure wasn't no Saint but a draft dodger he wasn't. He was given a student deferment to continue his education. That puts him in class of thousands of other draft dodgers wouldn't you say. I know some of those guys and if you wanna call them a draft dodger then be my guest but be prepared to have the crap slapped out of you when you do. Hell I was in Nam. Hated every day of it too. It was a war without motive, other than politcal, had no strategy other than to be there, and cost tens of thousands Americans there lives. It was started by the Demos carried on by the Repubs and there only reason forstopping it was to save this country from total chaos. the American people no longer bought into there bull**** anymore. It was a PC war long before that title became popular. One only has to look at the economy during that period to find the real reason behind it. It wasn't about patriotism or saving the American way it was about gaining votes and power. Anybody that managed to stay out of it thru legal channels, if that was there motives, I have no qualms with that. This is clearly a case where the Repubs painted a un true picture of a man. No he never served in the military but a draft dodger he aint. No back in my days wew didn't think much of folks who used their clout to get in Reserve Units. Gee wasn't that what Bush was in? Hey he's still a good man in my book for all of the above same reasons. Sorry about not getting the raise. man if anybody deserves a raise it's our military but just because you shudda don't mean you outta. I also have gone years without a raise and not because GM wasn't profitable. It was because invesments needed to be made so that we could remain profitable. The national debt sucks big time and we could benefit big from its being paid off. Forget all the spin about budget cuts cause it aint gonna happen. Thats just another political ploy. Teh govt is a big machine that takes a lot of money to keep it oiled and running. Unless we wanna see our children pay 50% interest this debt has got to be paid off. Lets stop all the political bickering and come up with a 5 or 10 year plan and lets just do it. At some point were gonna have to bite the bullet and reach around and grab our ol as snational check books and pay it. Might as well be now while we can still somewhat afford it. This plan should have some guarantee that law makers could never spend more than they take in or we'll be in the same mess again. we can point fingers till the world looks flat but that aint gonna change thefact it's gotta be paid. I thought Perots gas tax was fair. If you drove you paid it. No loop holes.

Legend