Did you score this year

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by LabMan44, May 9, 2005.

Did you kill a spring gobbler?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2005.
  1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    89.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I didn't hunt

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Lab Man

Lab Man Moderator Moderator

I shot two turkeys this season. You are only allowed two turkeys in Iowa. It was a great season and had lots of fun.

2. birddogs

birddogs Senior Refuge Member

had 4 tags to fill, 2 missouri tags, and 2 illinois tags, killed 2 mo. gobblers in 5 mornings of huntin, 21lbs and 22 lbs, then hunted illinois 5th season and killed a jake the first morning, so i was 3 birds in 6 mornings, and hunted the next 5 days, and couldn't git r done, had a good season though...come on fall season, congrats to everyone that had a succesful season :tu

3. LWSENIOR

LWSENIOR Elite Refuge Member

Shot a Jake. Was the last day of the season and he was all I saw.

LW

4. Cutt'emJack

Cutt'emJack Elite Refuge Member

Killed my first bird this morning!! I let a total of 5 Jakes go and had birds hang up on me 3 times over 13 days of hunting and it payed off with a 10" Longbeard this morning!! Birds are finally on fire in my area and I only can shoot 1. I'M ADDICTED!!! :yes

5. LittandJake

LittandJake Elite Refuge Member

Maybe many guys are not posting but according to the poll there are a lot of guys having good luck on here. I would say most guys that put forth any effort are getting birds. :tu

6. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

2 so far this year, 1 jake, 1 tom. may try for one more in the last 2 weeks.

7. noweil

noweil Elite Refuge Member

Took till the third morning to fill my 2nd season tag, 20.25#, 9" beard, 1" spurs.

Filled my 4th season tag on the first morning with a 15.5# Jake.

In 5th season I had a spot picked out and had built a brush blind. I let a buddy, who has never gotten a bird, sit there. He had hens in his 2 decoys, but the gobblers would not come into the decoys. The next morning I told him to not put out decoys and do not call. At 5:30 am he shot a 23# bird with 9" beard and 9/10" spurs. When the bird was walking into the field.

I hunted 4 days of 5th season, heard birds everyday, saw hens everyday, saw a few gobblers. They were with hens. Hard to quit hunting when you know where birds are, you still have a tag, and the season was still on. However, some of us have to work occasionally.

8. woodsie

woodsie Elite Refuge Member

THis is my first year hunting, and I didnt score.
    Went out three days. Hard for me to get out this time of year. Had one bird work close to 50 yards when I saw feet threw the thick stuff.. Then It went the other way.
    Next day I hunted in super winds, and didnt hear a gobble.
    Third day I went it poured down rain. I have not hunted in great conditions, but that first day got me hooked.
    We are going to texas this year to hunt the Rio grande, so hopefully ill get my first one there.
    Then ill try my luck the rest of the season.
    Good job to everyone who got one.
    W. :tu

9. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

Killed five in two states and called two up for friends. Got my first Merriams this month. What a great season it was! :tu

10. woodsie

woodsie Elite Refuge Member

Edit to my above post,
    I am going to Hunt the Rio Grande turkey next year(06), not this year.
    It wouldnt let me edit.
    Thanks,
    W. :)