Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dilbert fowl bloopers

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by fowlwhacker, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Marshbum

Marshbum Elite Refuge Member

Second split I took my boss's boss ducking hunting before work (his second hunt) and loaned him one of my kayaks dubbed "The pickle". Pickle is just under 8 feet long, rated for 200 pounds, and very unstable at the halt. When we departed the dirt ramp I noticed his kayaking skills were lacking as he was having problems paddling in a straight line across the 1.5 foot deep water enroute to the hunting location 200 yards away. We made it to the hunt site, shot a teal and a woodie iand headed back. During daylight I noticed he started getting better at controlling the small boat. Got back to the ramp and complemented him on his mastery in such a short time (You are doing great Sir!). As be tried to get out of the boat he flipped it and got soaked. Good thing it was warm!

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Fowlwhacker's story gives a new meaning to his forum handle.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

So did you get the promotion?

4. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

Getting mad at your Auto-loader for only firing one shell at a time and threatening to throw it across the marsh. Then taking it home to relize you have not cleaned it in three seasons.

5. Osprey

Osprey Elite Refuge Member

Learning just how good a few wraps of duct tape can be to stop a small leak in your hip boots. Learning just how poorly it works when the hole is a gaping inch long hole on a crease.

6. bombman

bombman Senior Refuge Member

Yesterday, I hunted a boot sucking marsh creek in my momarsh boat. I paddled out in the creek to deeper water. I set the decoys, pulled the boat onto the shore and hunted. Tide went out. Hunt over, I noticed that I was on a high bank. Pushed the boat off the bank trying to not nose dive the bow of the boat. Success! BUT the bow line slipped through my hand and the boat floated across the creek and stuck in the mud on the other side. Damn! How am I going to get across the creek? Finally found a place to cross that wouldn't go over my waders only to get stuck in the mud for 20 minutes. I was very close to having to crawl out of my waders! Why do I continue to hunt the marsh??

Doug

7. Marshbum

Marshbum Elite Refuge Member

PHOTO Blooper...... This pic was taken on the last day of second split on the way back to the ramp and really defined my second "split". My buddy Mike is the star of the photo. Hunted most of the day and only killed 2 blacks.

[​IMG]

8. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I have seen duct and electrical tape do wonders. A buddy of mine had taken off his glasses to clean them. laid them on his lap while he went scrounging around in his bag to find a tissue. A flock of geese tolled in and in all the excitement he jumped up to shoot and stepped on his glasses. when it was all done he realize what had happened. the frames were broke and he said he couldn't see ****. I told him I had some electrical tape back In my truck box. 15 minutes later we had his glasses all taped together with the black electrical tape. Damn it was funny at the time. A shame we didn't have the fancy smart phones with cameras back then to take a picture for old time sake. Used duct and electrical tape to cover up some bad cuts folks got while hunting until we could get back to civilization. :)

9. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

Was goose hunting with my buddy n his son satarday am. Had a flock turn quick to the call hook right around locked up hard n all the sudden act like they got shot at.we were like ***? Then we noticed the 150 lb English mastif 40 yds away barking at the geese n that was that

10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

The dog has more smarts than Mike. He's sitting IN the boat with a life jacket on in the middle of winter. :joker