Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

disabaled goose hunting

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ducktalker, Dec 23, 2003.

1. ducktalker

ducktalker New Member

I am a disabaled hunter and love to goose hunt. Any suggestions. Please reply.

CHINESE PROVERB: DUCK WHO FLY UPSIDE DOWN WILL QUACK UP.:)

2. greenheadIL

greenheadIL Elite Refuge Member

I know that Union county has a handicap blind if we get some weather you can kill geese and ducks down there,give them a call I'm sure its reservation only. Dry Lake near bladwin also has a handicap blind but it looks like for mostly ducks give them a call at baldwin for that one.
    Good Luck

3. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

I,am sure Snakeden at Victoria also has a handicaped blind
    available.

DANNY

4. AmiableLabs

AmiableLabs Elite Refuge Member

Shabbona also has a handicapped blind, but it ain't worth a d@mn. :rolleyes:

5. GOOSER2

GOOSER2 Senior Refuge Member

I know that you are inquiring about waterfowl hunting but I know of a place that specializes in this type of deer hunting. I talked to the guy yesterday and I think he had like 8-10 blinds that were wheelchair accessable. Said he had a good year with a lot of success. I can get his name and number if you want.

6. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

crab orchard has blinds for disabled hunters... dry lake near balwin lake also... i have hunted the one at drylake before.. deep water near it .. just have to call and find out the info though.

7. buckduck

buckduck Elite Refuge Member

Mermet has a disabled blind but I think it`s more for duck hunting.

I am a disabled hunter also.It would help to direct you in the right direction if I knew the nature of your disablity.E Mail or pm me if you like.

8. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

If you send me a PM and let me know just what your disability is maybe I can help you out.Have a pit near Crab Orchard and when they get birds down there I would have no problem shareing.Just need to be sure we could get you to it and in it before any plans were made.Pit is appox 6 foot deep so you would have to have some use of legs to be able to hunt from it.

9. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

Tried to answer your e-mail but the addy will not work.If the hunting gets good will send you a PM and see if we can set something up.