Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dive Bomb Silhouettes

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Cfoty, Dec 27, 2016.

1. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

60 decoys

2. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

Nice 10 dozen in two bags

3. joecitrano

I can fit 6 bags ( 3 on back rack and three on front rack) of my four wheeler , load it on trailer night before, n when I get to farm in a.m. get dressed, throw gunnin bag on n gun strapped to my back, hop on the bike n go. No trailers or truck rutting up field n I can go straight to about any blind I have . Love my divebombs n will buy more

4. Mr_Mallard

Im going to all silo spread. I sold the last of my full bodys and shells about a month ago these look good for the price just hope they hold up a few seasons

5. joecitrano

Mine r two seasons old n holdin up great

6. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I need more decoys like I need a 4th nipple.

That said, I just bought some. Any tips on care, setting, picking up, transport... other than what has already been said?

Mr_Mallard likes this.
  7. Keith McGowan

Keith McGowan Elite Refuge Member

4th?

8. mrsteve

mrsteve Senior Refuge Member

Read the instructions on how to install the stakes. At first I ignored them and it was a pain in the *** but the instructions specify how many "holes" you are supposed to leave between the two metal stakes. Can't recall what it was but once I realized there was a method to the madness the install was a breeze.

I have 11 dozen and can store them in two of those silhouette bags from Amazon. No complaints so far but they've only been hunted four or five times this year. Haven't had to deal with frozen ground this year so can't comment on how well they'll do there.

Like you, I have no need for more decoys but right now I can't see myself adding to the 3 or 4 doz full bodies I have when they're $300+ a dozen (on sale) when I can get 5 dozen divebombs for that price.

9. Mr_Mallard

Will these be the new decoy to have? Wonder how long till the price goes up on these?

10. Big Chris

Big Chris Senior Refuge Member

Unlikely, they shine terrible on sunny days, & the "holes " in the plastic hold water believe it or not. I've had them all freeze Together in the bag after a rainy day. The price is right for what they are ...... Real geese are much better in my opinion