Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dive Bomb Silhouettes

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Cfoty, Dec 27, 2016.

1. mrsteve

mrsteve Senior Refuge Member

And 4 times the weight and price. We've finished geese in the divebombs no problem.

The "shine" is just something everyone seems to talk about but I'm not sure I've seen geese flare as they swing around into the sunny side of the decoys.

2. Big Chris

Big Chris Senior Refuge Member

That's fine, not here to argue, I'd rather pay more for something that works day in & day out, shine is a very real thing btw... I usually hunt stuffers on sunny days, they don't shine .... Just sharing my experiences with these decs. Btw you could make them yourself , they're just recycled election signs. Best of luck in the final days.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

And you have to have a 1000cc atv a diesel 1 ton crew cab truck shoot the most expensive Italian shot gun have $1000 worth of calls around your neck lease a $25,000 dollar farm n have fart wiggle flap sleeper decoys too. I've shot geese with no issues with em on sunny "shine days" geese shine too. Though you gotta play with angles a bit on sunny days. I've killed just as many with realgeese but no more with them too. Maybe they don't work for you but maybe they do for someone else. I've killed more off of wood black n whites than both with a 189$ 20 year old 870

4. Big Chris

Big Chris Senior Refuge Member

No atv, not a rich guy either, but do take the sport Seriously, like I said before your half *** rant, just sharing my experiences. Btw leases are cheap up here. There's geese everywhere

5. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I'd guess where your at but I don't want inerweb lurkers to flood your area like has happened here.. My half *** rant was responding to your half *** rant of mine are better. Sorry guess us ametuers just aren't as serious as you.

Mr_Mallard likes this.
  6. MDcanvasback

MDcanvasback Elite Refuge Member

I had five dozen Dive Bombs. They were nice to transport, setup, and pickup. I didn't care for the way they looked in the field, had a few issues with water and freezing. I sold them, but my original plan was to darken them up using Rustoleum flat brown.

For the price point you cannot beat them. I would recommend seeing them in person before buying.

Big Chris likes this.
  7. Clint

Clint Refuge Member

I own 5 dozen and have for at least two season or more, i like them and the shine hasn't been a issue for me. I just add these to the outside of my spread to increase numbers. I would buy more, but i think i can make decoys similar at a lower cost or at least close. Which i may try to do this summer. But if i run out of time i will be buying more.

8. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

How beat up are they after a few seasons did the paint hold up i have 5 dozen i have to put together

9. Clint

Clint Refuge Member

They have held up well, but like i said i just add them to outside of my spread and i dont always hunt with them, it depends on the situation. I have also used them on the river shore and they have been soaking wet, but still held up fine, just like new.