Dive Bombs and froze ground ?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by negooseman, Dec 17, 2016.

1. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

So your going to run the color painted side by side with the b&w's next year?

2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

I will do both. I have not used b&ws much. I want to do some compare and contrast....

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Why not do it as an "X" for more stability. Depending on length, you could drill 5 sets of holes on it easily. Pivot on center with a thumbscrew and they would be easy to store as well. Should be fairly easy to do from any scrap wood

4. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

The one thing that everyone seems to forget is that the wire bends. I bought five dozen after running a buddies for a few hunts-

I had to cut the leg and 3/4 of the back wire off to make them functional.

Frozen ground and wire is tricky. Drill the hole too big and the decoy leans.

Push too hard and you bend them. Even with a slight bend the "hole template" idea becomes frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I like them. I'd much rather have the heavy steel stakes that avalanche used to use though.

5. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

I believe I brought up those points. I was wrong and you proly are too. Welcome to the new and improved refuge

huntaholic21 likes this.
  6. Traxion

Traxion Elite Refuge Member

So how much shine do they have? Some guys are saying they're like the textured side of RG, others say they shine?

I think the cut one side off deal sounds the best. I am going to have to pick up a dozen to see what I think and how they work.

7. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Frozen ground is easy just do what a couple people have said and cut an inch and a half off one side then just drill in a spot for the full length leg.

8. Shot Caller

Shot Caller Senior Refuge Member

IMG_20161105_103233368.jpg
    Past my son holding a goose on the other side of the pond are divebombs. Not sure how good the picture quality is but this was around 10am with full sun at our backs. We killed a 5 man limit of geese that morning and every group finished perfect. Just make sure to angle em towards the ground when facing the sun and you should be good to go.

9. blackthunder

blackthunder Senior Refuge Member

I cut back stake half off . Drill one hole with a masonry drill bit. One guy drilling one guy putting them in as you go

10. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

If you're ever in Sioux Falls you can take a look at my divebombs. I have a couple dozen that I haven't flocked yet.
    They are ink on chloroplast. Not fabric like a real geese pro series 1 or 2.