Decoy Forum Sponsors

Divebomb Silos

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Sstwrt226, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Sstwrt226

Sstwrt226 New Member

Hey guys I’m looking to add silos to my spread and plan to get the 5 doz deal from divebomb. I wanted to see if anyone had experience with the flocked vs non flocked Canada’s Is there a significant difference that would make spending the extra 70 bucks worth it.

2. fboutdoors

fboutdoors Senior Refuge Member

I went with flocked dive bombs and unflocked big Al's big Al's have better stakes but do not offer flocked if Al's had flocked I would have went straight big Al's.

3. Sstwrt226

Sstwrt226 New Member

Thanks for the info, I was considering Big Als as well but only due to price was I planning on getting Divebombs. Do you feel the flocking was worth it or do you have any issues with shine from the Big Als? Also when you say the sticks have you had issues with the Divebombs?

4. fboutdoors

fboutdoors Senior Refuge Member

Big Al's stakes are thicker and hold up better There is no more shine on the divebomb and big Al's than I get with real geese silos I own 5dz divebombs and 15dz big Al's Al's will send you a sample I believe and I dont see any difference in the decoy just the stakes (on a side note the divebomb bag is slick and I really like them to carry the decoys in)

5. timber hunter

timber hunter Elite Refuge Member

The Dive Bombs are a lot nicer looking to me.

Lonegoose35 likes this.
  6. 2Browndogs

2Browndogs New Member

I have 5 doz unfrocked Dive Bombs that I’ve been using for the last 3-4 seasons. They are an excellent decoy, and when I buy more it will be the unflocked version. The extra $70 for flocking would make little difference in their ability to decoy a goose, IMO.

7. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

I have been using divebombs for 2 years now. Been having great success using them. I own few big Al's too but prefer the divebombs. I personally like the flocked heads but non flocked are nice too. I own 20 dz divebombs

8. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Both brands are good decoys and a good value but I prefer the Divebombs. Try the unflocked and later if you think it's needed you can flock them yourself. Our divebombs are unflocked and birds finish in them. If you decide on Big Al's, get the black and whites.

9. Sstwrt226

Sstwrt226 New Member

I went with 5 dozen Divebombs didn’t go with the flocked version however I did buy the bag to help transport. Really excited to see how they work. My personal spread now consist of 6 avian axp full bodies 1 doz avian x axp lessers and 5 doz Divebombs. Should be set for Pennsylvania where we don’t see the highest number of birds.

10. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

The bags are nice. Well made. Nice to carry 60 decoys on 1 shoulder.