Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Diver hunters check this out!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by 7grnhds, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

2. WATERDOGS

WATERDOGS Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I agree someone just crapped in you guys back yard:l But theirs been alot of big mouths that havn't done themselves any favors. I wouldn't expect them to be welcome back though.

3. Ducks Doom

Ducks Doom Elite Refuge Member

Well done on the response. I am sure all the hens they floated were "unretrievable". To bad, its funny how they all ended up with a TM despite all the offers from guys that were not so well known. Its also to bad that we will soon be swamped with out of staters wanting to hunt divers.

4. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

yea it really sucks that we have the likes of TM floating around here, and i'm sure he'll read this so I have a big #1 for you from my middle finger..........
    D-S

5. Ducks Doom

Guys, I just thought I would play the devil's advocate here. None of us like our state publicized so much but can you explain to me a few things. First, why is Tom so disliked around here. I have never met him or even seen his posts that I know of and yet he is hated and bashed more than anyone. What did he to to earn this. Second, 7greenheads you alluded in your post that those boys floated a lot of hens. Are you 100% positive they came from them because I would think someone who makes a living shooting divers wouldn't condone such a thing. Third, 7 you keep bringing up the fish and wildlife guy bothering them? Were they cited or was it just a random check, because you hint at the fact they were doing something illegal and he was calling them on it. I just don't want to get carried away flaming on these guys if they truly were just here for a good time. If they did act the way that you hint at then I would expect it to get flamed on the main forum.

6. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

Like I said in the post. The hens either belonged to them or the officer that was set up between us. They were the only two groups up river of me until I started picking up decoys. Another boat came by and set up just up from me but never fired a shot while I was there. I don't see any of the guys saying they did not let any float. Do you?

Pitboss says you can wait for the video to see what the Fish and Game officer talked to them about. Or here in a couple weeks it will be public record and we will all know for sure.

Why is it that you have stood up for them when they haven't denied anything I posted about? I know if someone's on here telling stories about me, I am going to deny the lies. So to me it appears that I am spot on with my post. What really bothers me the most is all the stupid ego stroking that occurs on the forums. Do these people really think they will get a discount on thier hunt for telling a guide how cool he is? Do you think TM will carve you a decoy for free because you said he was awesome? Ask Mark if he ever got his.The point is I call it like I see it. I don't care who you are or what you do. Yeah I might tell somebody they did a good job carving a decoy. Or congratulate a guy for his dog getting a title. But I am not about to get on here and stroke some "professional" hunter for being stupid.

7. idahodiver

idahodiver Senior Refuge Member

well a blatant waste of game as in floating the hens could have resulted in confiscation of their equipment...i am with blue on this one. it seems a guy as prominant in the waterfowling community as jeff coats would have a higher standard of ethics...needless to say, im pretty curious to know what they fish and game agent talked to them about or if they were cited.

8. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

He wouldn't be the first "big name" waterfowler to be cited with game a violation. Shouldn't all waterfowlers be held to the same set of standards though?

9. Wingnutty

Wingnutty Elite Refuge Member

Everyone should be held to the same standards, yes. But we don't even know what he did, or if he actually did anything. I"m not gonna jump on someone's back before knowing the whole story. If they did wrong then they should pay, same as everyone else.

On a side note, I'm also not thrilled about 'big names' coming out and hunting and the videoing everything and adverstising our hunting to the world. Pretty lame really. What is really lame are the guys who take them out. I guess guys like to brag to everyone how, "they took so and so out". Really, who gives a crap:confused: As Shania Twain would say, "that don't impress me much":dv

Everyone will be sorry someday though:cry . Can't control people's egos I guess...

I did like the comment about TM and how he wanted to reduce the goldeneye bag because of overharvest, but yet he advertises it to the world and brings in groups of guys to kill hundreds in a weekend. What a moron. Some people are selfish and that is the bottom line. He and his cronies can harvest as many as they want, but everyone else should be held to a different standard. Typical.

10. Ducks Doom

I wasn't sticking up for them persay, I was just saying that I wasn't going to flame on them until I know the facts. The hen issue is very distubing to me, it sucks if they did that. I sure wasn't kissing anyones butt. You are right on about the defending themselves issue however. I would definatly be telling you to shut your mouth if I was them. I do have it from a reliable source that they were not cited for anything however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.