Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Diver hunters check this out!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by 7grnhds, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducks Doom

Ducks Doom Elite Refuge Member

I see that you edited your last post 7 must have got that p.m huh.:mad:

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

So stop acting like you didnt get the PM's and stop changing what you put down... Understand that we hunted legal you got busted lying about us for your personal issues guy.

I sent you two PM's arguing the fact that we shot our 35 birds LEGALLY. 31 were recovered. We were packed up and leaving when we were checked by Fish & Game. We had 31 birds on hand. We DID loose the 4 other birds and were actually leaving when checked. I took home 1 can, 1 bluebill, 3 hens and the rest drakes for a two day limit... Just ask my wife she is thrilled...lol

Th rest went to a guy in Boise that is making some of the best sausage I have ever tasted... ALL birds were accounted for. But you go ahead and "edit" your above posts as you have so when others read this they dont see you hidden agenda you had with Matus but attack us in the porcess...

Glad to see you figured out we were in the right and hunted legal. I would, appreciate the next time you get your facts correct prior to calling me out as a violator please.... Thank you in advance for teh next time you decide to assume how I hunt... 7GH's ! :tu

3. Toothshucker1

Toothshucker1 Senior Refuge Member

I can't believe its come to the point where I here some jerks are out there trying to scare friends of mine from discussing this issue by issuing warnings of legal action (give me a break). Are todays duck hunters going PC?? Is it not okay to be critical of those who are the visible face of waterfowling? So far I have seen no one attack Mr. Matus' decoy carving ability or his business. I don't think anyone has been critical of Jeff's guiding ability. Nothing said here is going to impact these gentleman significantly, either personally or professionally. Saying Mr. Matus may be guilty of doing the same thing he's allegedly accused others of doing (advertising Idaho's divers) isn't a personal attack, nobody is calling him out on the street. He should weigh in on this issue. He's supposed to be one of waterfowling's ambassador's. This should be his time to shine. If Jeff is saying that this was just a trip to hunt with a friend and that isn't going into a hunt video, great. I know these guys might not like being involved in this discussion but this is the way it worked out.

I know I didn't want to post on this anymore but it's am important issue to me, so what the heck. I'm sure you fellas who came out here are good guys. You've got a guy in Detoit who seems to think rather highly of you. I honestly could care less if you come here to hunt from time to time, it is a free country. It's true people can hunt multiple states and do as they please. It's also true hunting is likely to get tighter and tighter. I don't care if you film. But, if you film and commercialize a hunt in Idaho, on public land,
    I think you just ****ed on the backs of every hunter in Idaho. It may not be illegal but is not very courteous. Its profiteering buy screwing the very people you represent (in a fashion). I watch these videos and guys are giving their ethics speeches and courtesy speeches, at the same time they just made some money while making it a bit harder for the hunters in that state to enjoy their sport. We don't need the press, it's getting congested quickly enough without your help.

This is an important issue that has to be discussed sooner or later. There are numbers of people concerned with the effect commercialization of the activitiy of hunting (not hunting products) is having on the access of the average joe to hunting. The issues here are more important than the players.

4. wodtheiii

wodtheiii Senior Refuge Member

Hambone, its just my initials in lower case. WOD III. As for the hunting land, you and I are in the same boat partner:tu

5. chilidog

chilidog Senior Refuge Member

Well with all this info i am ghoing to go buy diver decoys and go to the snake river.:tu :tu

6. Toothshucker1

Toothshucker1 Senior Refuge Member

I have had some conversation with Dwane O. and he brought up a good point about the claim of tickets and some illegal hunting. If it can't be truly verified it shouldn't be thrown out there and even if it did happen it really is fish and game's job to dole out the punishment not us. We can discuss it but unless you know for sure it's probably best not aired out here.

As far as the promotion issue this is a bigger deal. I understand guides and hunting products companies love to have another thing to sell and to promote the other end of their business. But if they expect to get no criticism when theie product brings more people to our door step, thats bunk.
    Those who poopoo this effect are wrong, I've seen it happen on two occasions, where overnight areas previously hunted but not harrassed got mobbed. I don't care if a guy guides (except in Idaho, should stay illegal) but promote your own spots, leave everybody elses public ground alone.

7. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

I edited what I originally posted because no matter what I say you are going to call me a liar. I guess nobody here cares about you guys letting dead hens float on down the river. I can't wait till I have such a great reputation that I can get away with whatever I want.

The only 2 pm's I recieved yesterday were from someone asking why I assumed you guys were floating hens. Then another one reminding me of Tommy's little conviction for throwing birds away. So again, I have not recieved a pm from you. What is it you wanted to say that you can't say out here?

8. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

well you better pick up a few cases of shells after last weeks 4 boxes of shells for 7 birds...:h

9. Carnivore

Carnivore New Member

Note to the Buddies on the hunt with the Admiral---"if you sleep with dogs you get fleas"
    Been on the Mississippi River for 60 years and its a given-"loose lips sink ships"----but thats real Waterfowling , not the BS being commercialized by these guys.
    You folks in Idaho have a good thing out there, reinstill some ethics and don't let it drift away !!!!!

10. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

Know what the funniest thing about this whole thing is?

This "incident" occured on

PUBLIC LAND.

:tu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.