Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Diver hunters check this out!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by 7grnhds, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilidog

chilidog Senior Refuge Member

Who had to borrow a box of shells from me :nutz I just could not hit any thing a bad day:yes

2. Carnivore

Carnivore New Member

Does responsibility vary on public land?? Aldo Leopold must be spinning in his grave !!!

3. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

i agree! and appreciate it... :)

thank you,

jeff

4. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

I shot an entire 3 boxes of shells for 7 ducks the first day... Shot the butts of at least 20 birds...lol, Made a pheasant loose its tail feathers even...sad sad sad...lol, so who ever it was wasn't alone ...lol:nutz :nutz

5. Toothshucker1

Toothshucker1 Senior Refuge Member

since you quoted my post I thougth I should expand...

Jeff, althought nobody is criticizing your guiding I think it is fair to criticize your discretion here. Want to thank TM for bringing you fine it didn't have to go all over the net. All that does is advertise for you and your gang, and TM, at the expense of the guys who hunt here all of the time. Film all the stuff you want to in your back yard for vids to sell. If you had hunted on private ground I would care less, but you didn't. You go home and we are left with the all of the extra pressure you create. I'm glad you had a good shoot, we would like to continue to do so. Unfortunately it seems those in the business end of hunting could care less if their actions affect the general hunter (unless it motivates us to pay for something). I don't think it used to be this bad before guides and product manufacturers decided to become TV personalities. I've seen what all of this internet hoopla and videos can do to areas. Some clown in Oregon started setting up fuge hunts , trying to be a big guy, in one of the great diver areas of the west. It was quickly ruined, haven't seen so many dead birds on a river at once.

You and yours are of course welcome back, but I don't see why there is so much resistance to the idea of being discrete. Have a good season.

6. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

It shouldn't. And for me, it never does.:tu

7. GOLDENEYE71

GOLDENEYE71 Senior Refuge Member

OK I cant take this anymore. I'm going to call u guys out on this one. Do you think idaho is the only place with goldeneyes? lol your kidding me:nutz Sounds to me that nashman had a friend that offered him to come up and get a nice drake goldeneye. So he came up and killed a few big deal he had fun and thats all that matters FUN:grvn . I live in newyork and man do we shoot goldeneyes. lots of them. I dont think people are all of a sudden going to pack up and move to idaho to shoot divers. No offense but we have more than enough here.Please let me ask u this 7 grhds U ever lose a diver or 2 in a day. Man sometimes they just vanish. Every sport has its poor sports and right now your shineing brite. quitt your whineing and start hunting. P.S.

8. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

This thread has gone on too long and should have been closed well before now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.