Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

DNR Youth Day in Pasadena

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by chesapeake honker, May 13, 2017.

1. chesapeake honker

chesapeake honker Elite Refuge Member

Hey guys,
    If anyone is available on June 10th to put on a clinic in Pasadena, Nick from DNR gave me a call, and they were looking for someone to to some duck/goose calling demos and a retriever demo. I have done tons of these in the past here in the SoMd area along with the NWTF and other groups. It is a great event and very educational for the youth. I need to check with Greg or Jeff to see if we have the funds, but in the past we have purchased about 100 calls from Buck Garner and handed them out to the kids and it really made their day. ( I have Buck's personal cell number that i can forward if we (MDWFA) can get this approved.
    As far as the retriever demo, usually i have 2 youth volunteers throw a double and then i run my pooch on a blind. A couple decoys and some blanks really help create the scene as a true scenario, but you can do as you wish.. I will be out of town that weekend so if someone can pick this up, shoot me a PM and i will give you the contact info you need. Usually runs from about 8am-2pm...
    Any questions drop me a PM

Thanks
    George

2. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

I can't really help with the 2 things you asked for but maybe if there's other stuff you guys need. Also interested in just attending is there a age bracket thing or just anyone can go.