Do it my self lower unit oil change

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Double A hunter, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Double A hunter

Double A hunter New Member

Looking for help on getting the 90w oil back in the fill hole. This is on a ProDrive mud motor, I believe it either a 2003 or 04 model, it's the smaller engine (26or 27 hp ). I oil does not want to flow in. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

3. Double A hunter

Double A hunter New Member

Thanks for the good ideal. I had the oil at room temp.,even attached a small piece of tubing to the cone shaped bottle to allow me to squeeze the bottle. Only thing the lower unit was cold.

4. GoodYr09

GoodYr09 New Member

Normally the lower unit oil has to be pumped in, a simple tank, pump it up by hand or squeeze the plastic jug it comes in, pretty hard and steady.

Have to force the oil past the seals, thats why its tough to get the oil up in their. Fill till it drains out the top, let it drain out a bit. Then drain a tad out the bottom and put the plug in. This is so its not too full, dont want to blow the seals.

5. t-boy3

t-boy3 Senior Refuge Member

seen this is a old thread, but the same little pump that screws into a outboard lower unit [buy at wal mart or boat place] will screw into that fill hole on a prodrive lower unit. all u have to do is screw the pump onto the bottle of lower unit oil and then pump it into the prodrive lower unit until full. easy as pie!!!!

good luck!!