Do we have a 15lb. goose winnner?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Joel Draxler, Jan 24, 2008.

1. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Elite Refuge Member

i heard about a supposed 16.6 pound goose down in Oregon. i dont believe it, but we'll see if someone comes through for the decoys.

2. bandcollector

bandcollector Elite Refuge Member

Kansas just closed a couple hours ago.

3. huntyeraws

huntyeraws Elite Refuge Member

Parts of NY State will have a season on Canadas this year from March 1 to March 10 with 5 a day.

Paul, if it doesn't fall this year, please keep it at 15 next year too! I want to see a real 15+ pounder.....if they are indeed out there.

4. hountzmj

hountzmj Refuge Member

Indiana was done on friday at noon.

--hountzmj

5. Okvet

Okvet Elite Refuge Member

I agree. I have enjoyed watching the contest and have really enjoyed the story of the yote eating the poor guys goose. That was some expensive yote food!:l

6. DucterJim

DucterJim Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]

This is the largest honker our group has taken in twenty years. Guess the weight. Tip the lab weighs 60 pounds. The photo has not been photoshoped. Huge isn't it

12.5 pounds we really thought we had that legendary 16 pounder. We have taken many a goose in 20 years plus and this is still the largest. Neat contest sure has cleared up some Urban legends.

7. Killer Miller

Killer Miller Senior Refuge Member

DucterJim, a 12 1/2 lb. goose is a big boy for sure. We weighed some geese the day after x-mas that we had shot and we had a 12 lb. 10 oz. speciman....musta been the "magnificent magnum".:l I personally saw maybe 80 dead honkers this past fall, and I can only think of 2 or 3 that MIGHT have been bigger than the 12 lb. 10 oz.'er and if any of them were bigger than him, it wasn't by much. I'd say the biggest goose I saw this year was about 13 lb........maybe a little heavier but not much.

8. PGA2B

PGA2B Elite Refuge Member

I agree with you guys....most think a 12+ to 13 is the winner of the decoys when they see them.........but there is no doubt that 14's are out there. I have only witnessed 1 and he was shot in 1974.....The only birds shot bigger than that where the killer has any credibility is Ben and the guy from Canada that won that big gooose contest....while I do not doubt thier sincerity, I do doubt the scales.....