Do we really need this forum?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by TexasGeese, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

No...

Next thing you know, we will have a forum, on forums. :confused:

2. KD

KD Elite Refuge Member

YEAH!!! We need this forum. Guys we are talkin about a lot of people posting in here. A little organization of topics is not out of line. As to the remark about this being the place that they want to put the posts they dont want folks to read..... never mind, thats not even worth addressing. Come on people, this has been a great Forum for 6 years. I know it has for almost 5, cause I been coming in here for that long. Come on into the blind and let the owners run their hunt like they want to and just enjoy the opportunities that come your way in here. Now, shut up and post away. (in the appropriate forum, naturally)hehe

3. lad52

lad52 Elite Refuge Member

KD:

If the new law is applied evenly, I have no problem with it. Thus far it has not been.

There are still political threads on "the duck hunters forum." Why? Is it only the threads that get into a pi$$ing contest that are moved here? Nope. Pi$$ing contests going on on those threads too.

Yep! Chester and Dave can do whatever the hell they want to do with this forum. Their game, their rules, but it doesn't make them right.

Whatever. I'm done talking about it.

4. griff901c

griff901c Elite Refuge Member

Laddy-boy!!!!!

I have missed you on the Calif. forum.And I must say that the ONLY time you will be done talking is when you go belly up(or have a horrible accident and your tongue is severed)which I do not wish upon you.

Griff

5. buckduck

buckduck Elite Refuge Member

I kind of agree with with what lad 52 has had to say.But what we think doesn`t matter .David and Chester made it plain .We post poitics here or we may be facing the boot.The fact that there are still many off topics on the main page doesn`t matter.We have been singled out.
    Lets look at this in a positive manner and make this a great forum.Most of those that will be posting here will be at least half way informed on the topic and better able to converse in a intellegent manner.
    I used to believe everyone should vote.Over the years I have changed my position.It has become more and more evident to me that those who choose not to seek the imformation to make a enlightened decision on a canaditate should just stay home.They, us and the country would be better off.

It could be the same on the refuge.We might be better off if someone is posting and reading post here because they want to be here not because a post just happens to be in front of them.
    So if we all pull together this forum wiil serve as a great place for all of us to vioce our political views and openions.

6. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I don't get the singled out argument.

The political forum has been around for a while now, if it had been used as it should have been instead of flooding the main board with political posts, I bet this discussion and forum wouldn't even be here right now.

My take on it is the main forum is still the everyday bs forum; but if you want to solve the world's problems, endlessly debate, argue and beat each other to a pulp over whether you're union or salary and who has the biggest err.. opinion, then put it here or the politics in their forum.

Per Chester if anyone would bother to read the stickys on the main forum:
    Some are acting like little kids that pout and throw a fit when their parents make them take their ball outside to play instead of destroying the den with it.:rolleyes:

7. KD

KD Elite Refuge Member

Lad, you are correct. Chester and David can do whatever they want with their forum, but I disagree with you that they are wrong in what they have done. This place is evolving and changing all the time. I remember when the posting format was changed in 2000. Lots of people didnt like the change, but soon came to realize the benefits of the new style. New forums have been added all along the way. As to how posts are placed in "appropriate" forums, I am sure that if breaking news of one of the Presidential contenders getting killed hit the air, it would not be inappropriate to post that on the main forum. Man, there are reasons for rules to be applied, one of them is called order. There are also reasons that there are only a few to make the rules, one of those is anarchy. David has done a great job with this site. I for one wish, in some ways, that it wasnt so successful. I enjoyed it better when everyone still knew each other. But thats a digression, so excuse me. Youve had your say about it, and I think youre in the minority, so, lets get on with the hunt.

8. lad52

lad52 Elite Refuge Member

Order? There are still, and I suspect always will be, more posts on the DH forum about miscellaneous topics than duck hunting. Minority? Although it's surely a moot point, not according to the poll that someone posted when this happened. Fact is, the only place we're allowed to post our stuff now is on this forum (Or I assume the political forum. Not sure I understand the difference between the two.). There are many who have in the past replied to these posts when they were on the DH forum and will not (for whatever reason) visit this forum, thus excluding them from the debate. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this forum will become an amazing success. Time will tell.

We do however agree, their game, their rules. ;)

9. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Or...this could become the main forum?;)