Do you believe in aliens?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Feb 7, 2018.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

They have been here and back for centuries.:yes:tu

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'm not arguing it CAN'T be done. There is no such thing as free tech advances. Someone pays for it.

J.Bennett likes this.
  3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

They will first have to figure out how the human physiology can survive extended time in weightlessness.

That's why we've sent drones (thus far) into deep space. Anti-gravity and dark matter will probably have to be figured out, first. At this point in time any contact from outside entities would probably be problematic for us as they'd likely view us as primitives. Considering human history and how those viewed as "primitive" were treated by other humans, a basis in logic is compelling.

4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Yes I do and I have proof.

Sometimes my post get moved, sometimes they just get deleted.

I has to be an alien.

5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

No argument from me. :nutz

I’ve read that supposedly we’re going to have the technology to upload human consciousness to the Internet by the year 2050. I should still be alive by then, so immortality is not such a far-fetched idea anymore. It’s a very scary, yet exciting thought. So myself and other relatively young folk may indeed live to see humans make contact with extraterrestrial life.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

We're all supposed to have flying cars by now too....

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Mother Nature will take care of the population issues that will be faced in the future...

I often wonder if our predilection towards war and conflict is not in part natures way of making sure that humans do not over-populate... If war does not solve those issues, famine, disease, or some other natural event will likely occur... Hope I am not around for that solution...

I have always found the similarities in the most of the worlds religions to be interesting... And the fact that the greatest amount of human violence has occurred due to the small differences in these beliefs even more interesting... And disturbing.

8. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

If this happens I kinda hope I’m not around in 2050. The internet is annoying enough now.

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I understand, but most wars are really over resources. Religion is often used as an excuse, but in the end it was about resources.
    And if you are thinking more in regards to things like the Spanish Inquisition and such things, it's really not such a surprise since religion was law through most of history. If you violated the law of whatever deity was worshipped, you were punished accordingly.

And "resources" in this instance is a VERY broad category; human, natural, financial, political and more.

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’m gonna play so much Duck Hunt on regular Nintendo when I upload my conscience.

Squaller, JP and TheDuckSlayer like this.