Do you believe in aliens?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Feb 7, 2018.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Maybe you will finally be able to kill that annoying azz dog :l

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

If the climatologists are right and the Earth continues to experience more frequent and severe drought, things could get very ugly.

I do tend to agree that the Earth is already overpopulated with humans, and that a correction is bound to happen eventually. I tend to think it will come via famine and drought (versus human disease like some believe- I think crop/livestock disease is more likely). Drought and food shortages will be catalysts for major wars. I hope I’m not around to see it; it will be very dark times for the people of Earth.

If it gets bad enough- like less than 1% of humans survive- then a regression in society and technology is likely. No power grid, no debit cards, no cell phones. It kinda sounds like a paradise, actually (assuming the Earth doesn’t have a radioactive dust cloud shrouding it). Post-apocalyptic Earth with few humans and lots of critters. :)

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Be able to get some gooood drake teal every year. At night...

Ducker 4 Ever and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  4. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

They have been saying that forever. It's just like fossil fuels. Demand encourages increases in production. We're a long way from population causing starvation. It's much more likely that some other apocalypse happens that cuts off means of production, like a virus that develops as a result of crowding. That'll end any worries about resource supply issues but it'll also end any ability to explore space. We're due for a serious correction.

5. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

NA's in North America were spared the ravages of the Bubonic Plague pandemic that swept Europe until the Europeans arrived. Makes a compelling case for shooting all intruders that show up at the border. Coexist...my arse.

6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Really doesn't bother me either way as by 2050 I probably won't be around anyway.
    If you think it isn't already happening I would argue that, the BS we are getting about why beef prices are so high is a cover for the amount of U.S. Beef being exported all over the world. Asia alone consumed more U.S. Beef last year than the U.S. did and they pay more for it so we either have to pony up or go without.

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

The disappearance of plankton could certainly be a catastrophic catalyst...

An increased loss of pollinators (such as bees) could certainly have a play in things... But I think we will figure something out, and even with livestock or crop disease, we would likely come up with some solution (genetic engineering or vaccines or such)... But the loss of plankton, and a major shift in all of the worlds oceans, could have seemingly unrelated consequences of yet unknown degrees....

At that point maybe the aliens will save us... Or completely destroy us...

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Williams should have watched his own video before taking his own life...

9. TheDuckSlayer

Oh yea, there’s definately a lot of possibilities that could kickstart a doomsday scenario. Massive die-off at the bottom of the food chain, like you mentioned, is definately plausible.

In America we’re shielded from a lot of the suffering around the world, but a good percentage of the world’s population already lack adequate food, clean water, and basic medical care. I think civilization is a house of cards that has to fall one day, and as much as the idea of an apocalypse gets thrown around in articles and TV, it seems like it’s still something that isn’t really taken seriously by most people, reserved only for preppers and tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

Maybe I’m just getting more paranoid- I dunno. But it’s seems as if indicators (google “Amphibian Crisis”) of an impending massive fallout are there, but most either aren’t paying attention or have total faith in society. We get glimpses of what chaos and panic look like (hurricane Katrina), now imagine that on a global scale...

10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Katrina isn't applicable because all they had to do was wait for help. In a real crisis, Cooter's last meal would have been Heineken.

The_Duck_Master and callinfowl like this.