Do you believe in aliens?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Greatest defense against aliens is a camera. 100% proven effective.

3. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Wow, that's bookin! At that rate it would only take about 1500 years to reach the nearest star.

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I am with Num70… Considering the vast possibilities of what we do know, and add that to what we do not have any idea on, considering “alien” life is indeed an intellectual exercise.

We currently have a very limited view on time, space, and even life itself (or what constitutes life). I doubt any of us here can even wrap our heads around the idea of what we don’t even begin to know or understand.

I cannot imagine that the periodic table even remotely covers all possible elements in the universe. Most people cannot imagine a life form that is not carbon or silicon based, but without knowledge of what is outside of our universe, I considering this type of thinking to be incredibly narrow.

And without knowledge, confirmation, or any degree of understanding, we tend to put human characteristics and human emotional qualities on these aliens that as of yet we do not know exist. Even our Sci-fi shows give relatively human (or “earthly”) qualities of good and evil to these fictitious beings… I would say this is a bit of egocentric thinking…

And from a religious standpoint where we believe in the life of a soul with no physical boundaries (basically energy and thought)… Who is to say that life cannot exist as some sort of energy or wavelength?

So with all of the vast possibilities of galaxies within our known universe (much less what we do not know about), I would say that the possibility that life exists outside of this planet is high… Maybe should alternate life exist, it is similar to what we understand here, and maybe we would not recognize it if we stepped on it (or through it or in it)…

Allan likes this.
  5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

From a religious standpoint statistics and probabilities play no part in the likelihood of other life existing; the creation of life was intentional and originated from one source, not from a chance event that probably happened in other places too.
    You said earlier that you don't see how there can be any conflict with religion, but this is it, at least for Christianity.

6. Sault Ste. Marie

Sault Ste. Marie Elite Refuge Member

Nope, quite frankly, I don't. I believe in undocumented immigrants.:eek:

OneShotBandit and widgeon like this.
  7. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Quite surprisingly, this works equally well on Bigfoots!

OneShotBandit and 10GAGENUT like this.
  8. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

From what all the expert scientists are saying that may not be to far off in the future, earths populations by 2050 is supposed to hit 9 billion. Supposedly not enough food, fuel or resources exist to support that many people if you believe the scientists that is.

9. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

I sure a nice big war will take care of that 9 billion problem, Neil Armstrong stated the following,

"Today we have with us a, a group of students, among America's best. To YOU we say - we have only completed the beginning. We leave YOU much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered -- breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers."

What could he not say at the White House many years ago.

Northrop Grumman's commercial was something to not see.

10. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

No. It will just take more technology. When you consider the leaps we’ve taken in the last 150 years, it’s certainly plausible that in the next 50-100 years we will be able to travel great distances in space.