Do you believe the Bible as true?

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by cs, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Now if you believe this do you know were and how the Bible came into existance? If so can you defend the process in which the manuscripts were recognized. I cannot answer yes to all these questions but feel like it is neccessary to be able to defend my Bibles authenticity. So I am in the process of learning the origins and process used to establish what we have today as our Bible. I welcome others to do the same if they see fit:tu

2. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

That is a great study.....I think you should consider posting your findings as you go...that would be a great source of information/discussion for all.

3. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

I have faith the bible is truth. I do know that to gain the Word of the bible it must be revealed to you.

With that being said, you can read front to back, but the knowledge comes from God.

4. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Ski I will not argue that with you. But why do you believe it as truth(not pointing you out but everyone in general). Because your mom said so:scratch Maybe because your pastor said so:doh Me personnally I have little problem with this but others cannot see past it and want more than just because mom said so. I feel like I need to know where and how the process happened:amen Just a little self conviction for the whole world to see:eek:

5. skiebuster

There are many verses in the new testament that shows that his Word is revealed to those who believe and is shown to them. Its like how the parables were not revealed at first then the knowledge was revealed to the apostles.

6. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Using the bible to prove the bible is real doesn't work.

7. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Skie....Do you understand the cannonization of scripture? This is essentially what cs is studying.

Nothing to do with faith, doctrine, etc. Merely the study of who and what determined what "books" were included in what we know as The Bible, and the Old/New Testament. (Of course there are plenty of opinions as to this topic as well...)

8. skiebuster

Ah, I get it now. I was thinking wrong. lol

9. Arkansas Yankee

Arkansas Yankee Senior Refuge Member

The book of Josephus is a good source of historical relevance to some of the events described in the Bible.

I like the bumper sticker that read " God said it, I believe it, That settles it"

Faith is the substance of things hoped for. It is the evidence of things not yet seen.....

10. skiebuster

I talked with my father this evening and he said he was going to get a copy of the book of Josephus to read. He said that book is mentioned in the KJV bible.