Do you believe the Bible as true?

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by cs, Jan 27, 2009.

1. BHB

BHB Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, I guess I should have typed a LOL after all that. Don't mean to put out the "scare tactic" approach. I'm just not gifted with the "convincing" part. I just do not try to "sugarcoat" the truth.

Anyway, you do have the choice of believing or not. The gospel is simple so that even a child can understand it. God will convince young children or anyone else if they are to believe. If you consider these things "myths" than God has not convinced you yet. I pray that He will.

The gospel is essentually this, God made the world. God made mankind. Mankind went against God and sinned and continued to sin. God(being a loving God and absolutely just) gave man a set of rules to follow and ways to worship Him. He also made a deal with mankind and gave mankind a method of sacrifices to Him to pay for his sins. Mankind screwed all of that up by continuing to go his own way(which God forsaw) so He offered His own Son as a sacrifice to Him to pay for all the sins of man. So, we(as mankind) have a choice to accept or not accept His Son as our sacrifice to appease God.

From my own experience I do know that God has taken me and changed me from a dark, depressed, hopeless, wandering sinner and given me a Hope that is real and eternal and a reason to live for Him. He showed me what a wretched sinner I was and how UNWORTHY I was of His love and sacrifice for me. I deserved death but He gave me life with Him instead. I owe Him my life.

BHB

2. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

BHB, How do we get the remission of sins ?

3. CodeBlue

CodeBlue Senior Refuge Member

I know the story of the gospel, and I was convinced for many years that it was true. It was continually ingrained in my head from a young age.

If god was real, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, it wouldn't be very difficult for him to convince people of his existence. As it turns out, there isn't a single shred of evidence that supports that proposition.

4. Docter Duck

Docter Duck Elite Refuge Member

No...it is called Faith!

5. skiebuster

Yes their is. Individually Jesus will touch you spiritually and physically.

Many people who have been fogiven with remission of sins and been born of fire know that God is real and alive in them who have recieved his HolySpirit.

Come with me to church, you ill feel his love, strength and you will feel your flesh fighting the urge to pray to a living God, who died on the cross for each one of us. You wont find him at every church you go to. Their are many false churches who dont preach the real Word of God and they dont have Him or his salvation, hence you never have felt Him in truth and rightousness.

6. BHB

BHB Elite Refuge Member

I guess I left that part out! Heh, heh!:eek:

BHB

7. njking

njking Elite Refuge Member

Well Code Blue I would have to say we are the evidence. I personally cant put any value in the idea their was a massive explosion of nothing billions of years ago witch just happened to put earth in the perfect spot for life to start. Then and only then by it raining on rocks millions and millions of years life just started.

8. skiebuster

I wood have to say that we are partially the evidence. God Spirit,the Holy Ghost is the real evidence and nothing can be felt, nor can man be saved without His Spirit.

9. ARGreenTimber

ARGreenTimber Elite Refuge Member

If you dont believe in a God, whats your idea of creation. Big Bang Theory, or the "we started out as bacteria and everything morphed?"

I just find it hard to comprehend that people who hunt dont believe there is a God. I mean you musta not seen any green come through the trees, cuz it had to be God. I mean he was showing off a little a bit just too sweet.

Life is to complex for me I guess is why I just never have bought into the big bang or the bacteria theory, Just the human body and it functions and animals is just unreal. I mean bottom line is had to be a supernatural being. I think we dont know all the answers for our own good. ;)

10. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Code Blue doesn't hunt....She gets on the fuge to pester people about her political views...which are different than the majority on here....