Do you believe the Bible as true?

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by cs, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

I saw a study somewhere the other day how children, totally un-exposed to religion, instinctively come to believe in a higher power/God.

Sorry...had to keep the hijack going.:D

2. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

"I just find it hard to comprehend that people who hunt dont believe there is a God. I mean you musta not seen any green come through the trees, cuz it had to be God. I mean he was showing off a little a bit just too sweet.

Life is to complex for me I guess is why I just never have bought into the big bang or the bacteria theory, Just the human body and it functions and animals is just unreal. I mean bottom line is had to be a supernatural being. I think we dont know all the answers for our own good."

I hunt probably close to 30 days per year....I don't know code blue but *I* am a dedicated hunter. I look at the wonders of nature as complex as they are and am amazed at what I see. I don't need to evoke the eye in the sky to help me get my head around it. We know alot more than fundamentalist believers care to admit. All of these complex functions have been long since explained an so for no one can detect any supernatural causation but of course human "nature" being what it is every one always seems to want to give the supernatural credit for it. Many people will always seem to abandon natural explanations to except ghosts, fairies, big foot and the granddaddy of them all god. God of course is the most attractive of these because with god you get to live forever.

3. BHB

BHB Elite Refuge Member

So sorry to hear that you don't want to live forever. I will pray that God will give you the freedom to believe.

Ever wonder why so much of science is based on a lot of assumptive theory? There are a lot of things in nature that still cannot and will not be understood. Science cannot even explain or understand God so it is assumed that He doesn't exsist. God is bigger than ALL of science.

1 Corinthians 1:18, "For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

1 Corinthians 1:27, "but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,"

I, for one, cannot accept the theory that we came upon this earth by some primordial ooze that just "happened" to evolve into an organizm and eventually me.

Still, it is your choice. I will pray that you choose wisely.

To His glory,
    BHB

4. havenhunter

Sure I want to live forever. Science doesn't even try to explain any god. Religion and its books tell me all I need to know on the subject. I'm supposed to subjegate and wallow based on a bunch of dubious unremarkable prophesy, the promise of living forever and the threat of eternal pain.

please let the patronizing begin about why the only reason I won't believe is because of my desire to sin. :rolleyes:

5. BHB

BHB Elite Refuge Member

The hardening of your heart seems to be extreme. God is putting His hand out to you right now and you are slapping it away.

Yes, we all have a propensity to sin. I probably have sin everyday and don't even know it. But, I do know that I am forgiven by the work of Christ on the cross.

Sounds like you know the gospel. I am probably not the first one to bring up the subject so I am not going to try to convince you of it's good news. That's the Lord's job. Your choice.

Striving to be within His will,
    BHB

6. wckrisher

wckrisher Senior Refuge Member

havenhunter it is good that you want to live forever, because you will. Your choice is where, just remember dead men can't vote. Unless you live in Chicago:pra:pra:pra

7. havenhunter

"Yes, we all have a propensity to sin. I probably have sin everyday and don't even know it."

ergo the craziest thing I find about "believers". You view your own sin as some sort of affliction because appearently believing in god makes your sins different than the "non believers".

8. BHB

BHB Elite Refuge Member

Nope, not different. I'm just aware of it and thankful that God forgives me for it.

You sin, I sin, we all sin. Sin is not meeting God's standard. We all fall short. That's why Jesus Christ did what He did, so we can believe in Him and be forgiven. He paid our price for us.

BHB

9. gwhunt

gwhunt Senior Refuge Member

I have read this entire post tonight.

My heart is so heavy for those who not only do not "Believe" but seem bound and determined to hinder others walk in "Faith".

The Bible plainly states that we are to be saved by Faith. Jesus died for our sins. We all sin, Christians seek forgiveness and strive not to sin but fail due to spiritual weakness.

We have to ask for forgiveness of our sins with our HEARTS!

I believe the Bible is God's Holy Word and therefore perfect.

I believe that people may have made minor mistakes throughout the ages in translations. There was only One who was perfect.

I believe that everything the Bible says is Fact.

I believe that some who post and choose not to capitalize G in God are purposely being disrespectful to the belief that some hold more dearly in their lives than all else.

You ask what I do to combat the loosely termed Christians who promote bigotry, and other atrocitiies. I PREACH against them continually. God is love. God is no respector of persons.

The search for the history of the Bible was where this thread started and I caution that it is hard to mix science and the Bible. Many scientific shows/books state what originally looks correct then blunder on another topic.

Salvation is personal. Between you and God. The Bible and its accounts show you the way.

BTW I Believe that Jesus actually walked on water. I Believe that Jesus physically rose from the dead. I Believe that Jesus brought the dead to life. I Believe because of Faith.

The only proof I can tell you are these testimonies:

1) when I was first called to preach, I doubted myself and asked God to show me where to go to preach. Within four hours I received three invitations to Preach.

2) I was studying for a sermon one weekday. I had one verse repeatedly come to mind all day long that wasn't part of what God was showing me for that sermon. Later that day I went to visit another Church down the road where Revival was taking place. The sermon started with that EXACT VERSE! You tell me how many verses there are in the Bible and is it just a coincidence.

I have cried repeatedly tonight because of the pain I have read in some of your hearts. It is my humblest prayer that you find the peace and knowledge that you so obviously desire. I know that you will only find it through God the Father, Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost. I love you all and so does Jesus.

Amen:pra

David