Do you bring your daughters hunting?

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Ladyotl, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Ladyotl

Ladyotl In Memory<br>04/06/72 - 09/10/07<br>Moderator<br>W

I was curious.... who here brings their daughters hunting with them?
    Kudo's to those of you that do !!!:D It's great to see more ladies involved in waterfowling:D
    Heres a pic of my daughter Brittany, She always liked going with her Dad deer hunting but I think shes hooked, she keeps asking for me to take her out to the blind:) :sp :D
    Darlene
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs. Quacker Attacker

Mrs. Quacker Attacker Elite Refuge Member

....a daughter that is, but if I did, she'd be goin along too. :D

3. Lives_to_hunt

Lives_to_hunt Elite Refuge Member

My daughter loves to go with me. She is 10 now and I got her a .410 last year. She has yet to kill anything, but she is likes to help clean the birds and fish. My wife and I help lead our church youth group, Jr. high through High School age. One of the girls who’s 17 killed her first buck on Saturday and boy was she happy. When you work every week with the same group of kids, you start to feel pride in their accomplishments and boy was I proud when I heard. I really wish I could interest my wife into it, but she just isn’t interested in getting up a 3 AM to freeze, I just don’t understand that at all.

4. frostop1

frostop1 Refuge Member

I take my daughter duck and deer hunting when she wants to go, now if I could just get my wife to go with me I would'nt need anybody else to hunt with.

5. Delta Duck

Delta Duck Senior Refuge Member

First time to the Women's forum,
    I have a 8 year old she loves to go to the blind with me in the afternoon. She is not much of a morning person.

I am glad to see this women's forum, I think women will play a key part in the future of the sport we love so much.

I run Delta Duck Hunts in Tunica Ms, I have only had about 10 women hunt with me in the last 5 years. All of them were true sportspersons. One of the ladies was on the board of the NWTF.
    She was a hunter!!

If ya'll have any ideas on how to get more women involved in our sport, I'll be willing to help in anyway!!

6. DiverJoe

DiverJoe Elite Refuge Member

My daughter is only 5 years old. If she wants to go when she is a little bit older that would be fine with me. She is my little tom boy and likes to play rough house with the old man. I'd rather have her duck hunting with me than out on dates with the boys later in life.

7. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

No Girls here (cept me and my 3 labs :D ). I have 2 boys and they are hooked. Hunter has no concept of when season is in and when it isn't (he's 4 ;) ) He's been mad since the ponds started stirring with birds and we haven't been out :rolleyes:

Nice Picture,

Kimmie :)

8. BandedWood

BandedWood Guest

Our daughter is 4 and she can't wait to go out hunting for birds and deer. Its all she has known since her daddy eats, breaths, sleeps, s--its hunting, etc......We got her a cheap duck call and although it sounds like a party horn, its cute to see her so excited about hunting. Can't think of a better way to spend time with the family then out in a boat calling in birds!

Lady-great pic of your girl!!!!!

9. KYduckslayer

KYduckslayer Senior Refuge Member

my daughter goes every where with me duck,deer turkey , fishing she got her first duck this year and hoping to get her first deer this sat and then maybe her first goose this dec. i bought 2 new guns a nova 12 ga and a moss 835 and she took the moss 835 gave her the choice and she took the leaser gun i think but she happy with it

10. ducksnokie

ducksnokie Senior Refuge Member

My little girl (not offical yet) is only 2yrs old and she already knows the difference between ducks and geese. She even gets them right in flight sometimes when we go over the dam to the house. "mama mama look!! geeeese! mama" hehe I have taken her scouting with me a few times when its not that bad out and she thinks we are hunting. One of the last times I took her we came up to water and there where ducks sitting there. She got real quite and said "Papa look ducks." We stayed and watched them and they never knew we where there. Most of the time when we go scouting I carry her on my shoulders. We have even jumped up deer and other other critters. She really seems to love the outdoors. She has her own little hunting outfit and everything. When I practice my calling she gets one of my el cheapo calls and just goes to town. I got a phone call one day from my wife to be and she said Angel had to say something to say to me. "Daddy I love you" That was the first time she called me daddy and it sent tears down my face. She sits on the other side of the room when im cleaning my guns and ask me all sorts of question and has even said she wants her own gun when she grows up. She amazes me everyday on how well she picks things up. I cant wait till I get her that first gun and she goes out with me. There is so much to look forward too I just cant wait! :D