Do you bring your daughters hunting?

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Ladyotl, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Runnin' 87

Runnin' 87 Elite Refuge Member

Ciudad Narnja de Tejas cerade Los Sabinas
  2. Runnin' 87

3. Runnin' 87

OK how can I post a 30 minute video of of me following Jessica through the woods. She finds her way back through about 300 yards of woods to the truck and picks out every deer track along the way.

Not bragging or nothing. For educational purposes about how to find deer tracks in the deep woods and all and not get lost on the way back to the truck. :D

4. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

Here is a picture from our youth hunt day. I took out two 12 year olds and my 18 mo. old daughter. She would call out haaaa-onk to the geese when she saw then and then wave to them when they left.

5. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

I have taken my Goddaughter hunting a couple of times. She seemed to enjoy it. Hunting would be easier on her if it did not require her getting up early in the A.M.:h

6. quivira kid

quivira kid Elite Refuge Member

wkl,
    That last picture is priceless!!!!!

7. Txduckhunter

Txduckhunter Senior Refuge Member

My daughter duck hunts with me and this year we are going on a spring turkey hunt. She has no interest (yet) in shooting a deer but I am always hopeful that she will eventually decide to try it. She has her own guns, a Silver Mallard that she shoots competition with, an 870 that she hunts with and a .22 that she plinks can's and squirrells with. She bought the Beretta herself and will be using it for turkey. She just won't take it duck hunting -her choice.
    For the guy whose daughters have decided not to hunt....don't lose hope. My daughter went through a small stage where she had no desire to hunt and then changed her mind. Hopefully that will happen for you as well. My daughter is a huge animal nut! She shows in livestock shows, has several cats, a horse on the way, a dog and is waiting on her "hunting" dog. This past season she "nursed" a ruddy duck drake back to health that had a broken wing. Splinted it and the whole nine yards, just to release it at the end of hunting season. She understands the balance.
    Now I'd like to gripe a little....
    Not having hearing protection on ANY child, regardless of age, is neglect and a lack of thinking/caring about their future. As much as I love to hunt, the SAFETY and WELL BEING of my children always comes first. I'm a dad but my wife echos the sentiment.
    I run a shooting sports program for kids and eye and hearing protection are always required. Whether we are hunting or shooting at the range. God gave you 2 eyes and 2 ears w/no spares. Taking care of them is vital. Basis letdown of how the ear works:
    a membrane is in front of the ear drum. It "closes" everytime a loud noise is subjected to the ear. This is an "elastic" type of membrane and it has a finite amount of times that it can open and close before it wears out. When it is weak or not totally closed, noises reach your eardrum and damages it. Eventually, you lose your hearing...
    That is a redneck explanation but do you really want to start the damage to a child's ear at such an early age?

8. malford

malford Senior Refuge Member

Been taking my daughter along hunting since she was about 5, both her and her little brother have been coming along to deer camp and duck and goose hunting. Daughter loves turkey hunting and it is a special time with her.

9. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I have three,

last year my oldest (7yrs) went on her first turkey hunt...

[​IMG]

she was an old pro on the goose hunts, since she was 3yrs-old... the other two practice shooting the turkeys on TV as I watch the hunting shows.

Can't wait till they get old enough to come with DAD!!