Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Do you need another gun for a flats boat hunt?

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by torrentduck, Dec 23, 2017.

1. torrentduck

torrentduck Senior Refuge Member

Haven't posted or been on for awhile. Opted to get out and look and do more, and leave cyber scouting alone for a couple seasons. Plus got tired of some of the trolls. I am planning to do a flats hunt after the New Year for divers primarily-- my maiden voyage. Not interested in body booting. Have been on the flats off-season. Had hoped to get invited to hunt with someone with experience, but that has not happened over the past two seasons. It's a big deal for me to NOT mess up someone else's hunt while I am learning an area. So.....figured I'd ask for a tutorial trip with someone hunting from a boat before I head out on my own. If not, I'll give a a whirl solo. My schedule is pretty flexible with some advance notice. If available during the week, I can likely reciprocate your generosity with a river blind site of goose pit hunt. Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.
    Don

2. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

I always have room your more than welcome to join me i would say after new years will be perfect timeing with this cold front coming in this week ill be in sikaville tuesday to sat but ill pm you sunday to set something up

3. FinchDude

FinchDude Refuge Member

I have 2 boats and all gear, but I am just a novice trying to learn things as I go. I would love to hunt with you guys!! Very serious!! I have fished and crabbed on the bay my entire life, but only duck hunted handful of times. Please let me know!!

4. torrentduck

Thanks! I'll watch for the PM

5. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

I've taken Don hunting on the Potomac after he moved to MD, you couldn't ask for better company in the blind and he has many years of waterfowling experience to share.

The Other David likes this.
  6. torrentduck

I'll mail you that promotional fee this week. Seriously-thanks. I remark on that trip regularly. Never so happy to shoot one GW teal and shiver with my Florida hunting clothing on. Have tried to pass on opps for others when I can.

7. torrentduck

cricket... cricket.....

8. Mr_Mallard

Flats are frozen for now once it opens back up well go

9. torrentduck

Yeah....sounds like most or all your haunts are locked up based on your posts. Just bored and was wondering if anybody had comments on the progress or lack of regarding the ice. Hopefully this week gives us enough thaw to open things. Glad I have some goose field options, but today I decided to be a slacker and stay on the couch.

10. Mr_Mallard

My buddy had a great spot but he decided we kill em coming back to the only open water for miles and that was that havent seen many birds there since i believe there is open water in front of tidings park in havre de grace but no boat ramp is open
    Hopefully this week itll open up alittle