Do you play sports?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by GVGoose, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Gadwidge

Gadwidge Elite Refuge Member

Hey what channel is the All-star game going to be on.

2. neil duffey

neil duffey Elite Refuge Member

uhhh www.nhl.com will have it... its not tonight... tonights the young stars mini game and then the skills comp... should rock either way though.:D

3. Gadwidge

GO WEST!!!

4. neil duffey

neil duffey Elite Refuge Member

indeed... but they got whomped... today at least:rolleyes:

5. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

East all the way baby...
    We wipped the flour with you boys last night!!
    WildCanuck

6. Gadwidge

After all that i end up missing it. I thought it was on at night but i ended up watchin the pro bowl. Pretty boreing game tho. But seen in the paper the west got beat.

7. ccducker

ccducker Guest

Football- 200lbs. FB, DL
    Wrestling-189lbs.
    Track/Field-shotput,discuss
    Weight Lifting

8. baasman

baasman Senior Refuge Member

wrestling captain in highschool... 135
    snowmobilings awesome...
    paintball... ill smoke you :cool:

9. kill 'em all

kill 'em all Elite Refuge Member

Now that my computer is fixed, I can finally beef about the All-Star" game. It's mind boggling how some of them were voted All-Stars. When Thomas Vokoun and Dwayne Roloson are goalies for any conference, you know there ain't much there. I'm surprised David Aebischer wasn't one. As for the game itself, over all, I was disappointed. It didn't seem like past games. I guess it's just me. Oh well.

10. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

what??? Vokoun is the Nashville team!!! This coming from a stars guy.... Modano to the all-star team!!!!! Come on... Even Turco, albeit back to himself recently, stunk it up for most of the first half of the season. I dislike the allstar game because fans who don't know **** about the game have too much say in who makes it to the game and vote in guys like jagr and modano who have good reputations, and are not voted in based on that years results. That's the way it should be in my mind; if you play well that year, you should be in, not if you've been a star in the past. I understand that the "stars" will make them the money, but it still stinks in my mind. Modano should not have been there, he stinks this year. Same for Jagr. I could name a dozen people who should have made it before him. I'd love to see a cap on the salaries of these players, the money makes them into pansies. Watch, Jagr's salary will come up in a few years, and you'll see him have an awesome season to get a fat new contract. Until than, the same old pansie. He's an awesome player, just has no passion for the game, only for the money.
    Thanks for letting me rant!!! no offence kill em, Modano used to be one of my favourites.
    WildCanuck