Do you think that you need custom decoys to kill geese?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Honker Guide, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Honker Guide

Honker Guide Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Scott; you're right, I just failed to understand the whole thing. Sorry if things didn't work out. Please except my oppologies for being so ignorant about what it takes to kill geese in your neigborhood. Paul

2. gunnin

gunnin New Member

Paul I have no interest in this who's who in the decoy business. But, on the Benelli TV show you filmed, you used more then your 4 dozen drop zone decoys. " Why would you be dishonest with the public?" Once again it sounds like you didn't the job done. Maybe you should stick to hunting the X Paul. :z :z

3. Honker Guide

Gunnin' you need to reread my post. I said that we used 6 doz Dropzones and a Flutterwing goose. We shot 21 geese with the blackfeet down guides the first day and 12 or 15 the second day. The geese shortstopped us the second day. It is obvious that you didn't see the tv show!! Nice try though.

4. gunnin

gunnin New Member

Try again Paul. There is "NO" BLACKFEET DOWN GUIDE SERVICE in Colorado. When you get your facts strait try again.:z :z :z

5. AVALANCHE

AVALANCHE Senior Refuge Member

I bet he meant Webbed Feet Down Outfitters out of Greeley.

6. bustndux

bustndux Elite Refuge Member

We run 36 GHG fullbodies....all hunter series
    12 GHG oversize shells....all sleeper heads
    12 Silosocks
    and 24 of the most poverty, salvation army looking silo's I have ever seen!:l

We kill geese. We have good days and we have bad days. Depends on the situation. I really believe that you can kill geese over any decent decoy as long as everything else is right......like setup, your hide, weather, location ect.

I would love to run some DSD's or Dropzones....or any other type of custom for that matter, but I know I can kill geese over what we have now. If anybody wants to donate to the bustndux custom decoy fund let me know...I will gladly take handouts!:l

Hey....come to think of it. All my GHG fullbodies have my initials written on the bottom with a sharpie.....that makes them custom doesn't it???:dv

7. goose hunters

goose hunters Elite Refuge Member

My answer is a simple "no". I run traffic everyday of the season with a spread of bigfoots.

8. Honker Guide

Sorry gunnin'; I guess my memory is not as good as it used to be and it was 4 years ago since I did the hunt. It must have been The Webbed Feet Down Outfitters out of Greeley as we did hunt out of Greeley the first day and closer to Denver the second day. The outfitters name was Mike. These guys were great to hunt with and we had a great time!!! Paul

9. dvckman2

dvckman2 Elite Refuge Member

I'd like to know too....and...

WOW!

10. Doubletap

Doubletap Elite Refuge Member

Hey Paul, sent you an e-mail while you were on the beach, just wandering if you got it