Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

DOA Migration Series Snow Socks

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by DERODOM, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DERODOM

DERODOM Elite Refuge Member

Does anyone have any experience with this product? I am looking for some feedback.... pros/cons..

Thanks..

2. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Senior Refuge Member

We had some to try in our spread when they first came out a couple seasons back. I personally wasn't impressed and think there are better socks available. Graphics on the bags were OK but not great. The ball on the top of the stake was a good idea, BUT they were so shiny that on a sunny day it looked like a bunch of diamonds out in the spread. Quick fix though with a couple cans of spray paint....but you shouldn't have to do this to new dekes. Socks slid down the stake quite easily. Also, the spring attachment holding the collar open glared equally bad and I just didn't care for that part of the design. We don't have any in the spread anymore.

3. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

I won 50 and we use them around the blinds since they are a little taller than our white rocks.
    I'm glad I didn't pay anything for them. Spend a little more and get something else.

4. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Have seen them in person and wasn't a fan, support seemed kind of similar to the TangleFree socks. You don't have to spend more to get a better decoy, check out Sky Flys. We are selling all our SS and switching to Sky Fly's by next spring. Run around 50-60 dozen of them now and love them.

5. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

I had bought 200, price was good on them around $2 a decoy. NOT IMPRESSED!!! I ended up painting all of the balls on top, I think the wire/spring will put holes in the bags, and like mentioned above the glare. Sold them all before I even hunted with them.

6. fireman1293

fireman1293 Senior Refuge Member

Are the Sky Fly decoys the same as White Rocks? Everything looks the same

7. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Negative. The decoy is bigger and the support you put up and down yourself vs it popping into place by itself which I like far more. Can get the fiberglass stakes sharpened if you want as well. Comes down to personal preference.