doc hull

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by choc24/7, Feb 2, 2018.

1. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

is he still making calls? i see his website is no longer up and his fb is pretty old. really want to get a dd-1 double reed.

2. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

I hope he is still doing well. He was one of the originals on this site. Class guy all the way. He used to make some of the prettiest olive wood calls.

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

I wasn't around to know about the original here part of that but certainly agree with the rest. Doc's a genuine gentleman who always did his best to be helpful, both on this site and on the phone discussing possible purchases. Have had three of his calls, and when he let one of them out of his shop not-quite-finished, it plainly bothered him more than me. Can still smell the olive wood one just thinking about it.

4. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Might call the number. Based on his biography - he became a dentist in 1952, so that is 65 years plus minimum 26 or so to become a dentist, so would be 91 or so today. I liked talking with Doc, very nice guy. I have one of his calls in my collection.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

Does anybody still have a contact number for Doc? Was going to call him the other night but as somebody said his site has been taken down.

6. Xtuthdr

Xtuthdr Elite Refuge Member

I'm still making a few calls and the reason I took my web site down was because I just could not keep up with call orders. My shop time is limited and I have just gotten much slower in getting things done. CA birdman came pretty close on my age. I had my 92nd B day last November.
    LA Legend. my phone number is 402-489-2580 feel free to give me a call, I will look forward to talking with you.
    I don't look in here much but have noticed the thread on calls that stick. I know a lot about that and am disappointed that few remember what I have done about that.

7. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Doc glad to see you still are still with us. Unfortunately most now do not care about history and your contributions to eliminate a call from sticking. I am glad to hear you are still making calls, the one I have is a well made call.

8. choc24/7

thanks

9. hawkhunts

hawkhunts Senior Refuge Member

Glad this popped up- I was just looking for the website and discovered the same thing choc24/7 did. I got away from waterfowling for a few years and a lot changed. I always wanted one of those olive wood d2's- the straight barreled one.

10. choc24/7

i talked to him. maybe making just a couple a year. was great to talk with him. he may make a few here and there and add to his fb page.