Does a Bumpstock Ban Smell Like......

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Tailfeathers, Oct 6, 2017.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

You know, when people start flinging insults, outright or veiled, they do so because they believe they have somehow lost ground in an argument or lost the argument altogether. Debate, argue, whatever, but I'm betting you guys can do it without all the crap.

As for the actual thread - it feels like bumpstocks are the sacrificial lamb. Something had to be sacrificed and the NRA decided to turn their backs on bumpstocks as a feel-good measure. That's what it feels like to me. I could care less if bumpstocks didn't exist, but I know other guys who own and enjoy shooting them. Because some crazy piece of crap killed and wounded people, doesn't mean we should punish someone else. And that's exactly what we are allowing to happen.

We can't hold the individual accountable because he's dead, so we have to punish someone else. Even if he was alive, we would want to punish someone else (I use the term "we" loosely). In these situation we want to have control restored, or feel like it is, and so these witch hunts start up, whether pushed by the left or allowed by the right, does it matter?

Lets call a spade a spade and lay the blame where it belongs, at the feet of the individual that perpetrated the act.

Il. MudDuk and buck_master_2001 like this.
  2. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Depends who is defining "extreme". Anyone who is not a dem or doesn't vote dem is considered extreme right by the left. George Bush was called extreme right--he was a mod. Trump is called the same, but is a lifelong dem who is also a mod.

I also find it funny how the left calls anyone who believes in the constitution extreme right. Since when are folks who want the law followed "extreme". It's a label game and the public is too stupid to see it--actually they don't pay attention beyond the left media's headlines, so its more lazy than stupid.

Madison Avenue marketing. "Progressives"--who could possibly be against progress? "Affirmative Action"--who doesn't want to do nice things? "Affordable Care Act"--who is against affordable medical care? "Extreme right wingers" looking to follow the constitution---They are Nazis!!

Junior Samples likes this.
  3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Stop it @Tuck31 - you're speaking sense, and doing it from California!

I need to hold on to the grass so the world will stop tilting...

4. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

CA has lots of gun control. She should stay her butt there and leave Washington DC forever.

5. Triple BB

Triple BB Elite Refuge Member

Be interesting to see how long it takes for the first lawsuits to start getting filed against Slide Fire. Am guessing the company will be filing bankruptcy before its all over either because bump stocks are banned or they succumb to the costs of trying to defend all of the future litigation...