Does that idiot Rush Limbaugh understand the damage he does?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bands rule, Mar 3, 2012.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Shhhhh, don't say that too loudly. Some liberal might hear ya and think ya have conjured up a good idea for a goobermunt program (not to mention an opportunity to get some folks off the unemployment rolls onto some other rolls). Wouldn't reduce the amount of government money outflow, but would be another cosmetic snow job fix to government spending. Maybe ya ought to copy write it to protect your interest. :l

2. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

:l :l ... Well played, Sir! What a common sense hoot!!! :tu

3. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Just think, here I was thinking you goons were still talking about your baldness over here.:l:l

That is indeed a fact. What's the relevance to govt selectively telling insurance companies what they will and won't 'cover'?

What's the relevance to 'coverage' apparently meaning no cost to the patient?

4. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

One.. my wife and I have insurance.. AND WE PAY MORE BECAUSE SHE CAN GET PREGNANT...

So its absurd that a medical insurance charges her more for insurance because she can get pregnant, but doesn't cover the medication that will prevent her from getting pregnant...and MS fluke was also paying for health insurance so this "having others pay for her" is a bunch of bull

AND YOU wonder why health care costs are spiraling out of control.

AS far as condoms? They are not nearly as effective as the pill (application issues, breakage, compliance, lubrication etc)

5. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

I don't think you can state "no cost to her" since she is paying for health insurance.. and she is being assessed at a higher rate, either personally or as a group depending on her state.

No ADDITIONAL cost to her would be more appropriate.

Coverage after deductible...

Oh no.. please tell me why I was irresponsible before I signed the marriage certificate and then suddenly became responsible once it was signed...

This is going to be good:clap

The debate appears to be that Ms Fluke is paying for insurance, is assessed either as a group or an individual to pay more because she can get pregnant...
    and yet some are claiming that she wants "others to pay for her birth control"..

That blanket statement is very much wrong.

One, because employers should not be able to discriminate against employees

and insurance companies should selectively charge more for women getting pregnant then not cover their prescription...

Would you support an employer telling their insurance company to not cover blood pressure medicine for black men? While charging them more for coverage because they are at a higher risk for stroke?

6. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I'd say the debate is about why Ms Fluke shouldn't be accountable for the consequences of her own choices. Clearly her image of sex is a recreational activity, so the burden of preventing unwanted pregnancy is on her and she must bear that cost alone. If I wish to play baseball; should I expect the public to provide bats, balls, and gloves? True, there are public places provided to play baseball, so I suppose it would be okay for Ms Fluke and partner to go screw in the outfield for a while.

7. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

Another good analogy is why isn't the government paying for my toilet paper?

8. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

Do you pay more because she is a woman or because she can get pregnant? Would you still pay more if she had a hysterectomy?

You ignored the chauffer analogy. Why? My guess is that it shows the folly of your position.

There are a lot of reasons that health care costs are spiraling out of control and a lot of it comes directly from the ineptness of medical providers themselves and fear of lawsuit, which Obamacare will not reduce. My brother was in a bicycle accident last week and was transported to the local ER where he was xrayed, CT scanned and seen by Orthopedist. Broken clavicle and scapula, Orthopedist said he would need surgery and transferred him to Shock Trauma. So another ambulance ride, new xrays, CT scans and exams and the trauma center sends him home because surgery is not required. Additional five broken ribs are found at the trauma center. Wasted transport costs, bed costs, CT scans and xrays...:doh

When used perfectly oral BC is 99.5% effective, when used perfectly condoms are 98% effective in preventing pregnancy. How effective are oral contraceptives at preventing STD's?

9. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Can they make 'higher risk' determinations or not, is that not the question?

10. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Per Okie:

'Support'? No. Condone? No. Do I think they should be able to? Yes. A right to health insurance? A right to certain health insurance? Govt as the employer or private? You see the issues with such a practice and call for govt to mandate. I see the same issues with such and call for my fellow citizens to respond accordingly. You want it corrected via govt mandate, I say via being compelled. I see your reasoning. I find it to be in error. Yes, my view is unheard of these days. So be it.

Okie, the above clearly articulates why you are much better off doing whatever you do as opposed to really trying to solve healthcare. You are so much in the minority in some of your viewpoints that it makes your position basically irrelevant, which is honestly unfortunate because you clearly could provide value in discussions and strategies. To suggest employers should have a right to offer aspects of healthcare differently based upon race or even religion is so far off base from today's reality that it just negates other credible statements and positions that you make.