Does that idiot Rush Limbaugh understand the damage he does?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bands rule, Mar 3, 2012.

1. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

If we were, it would go like this:

eel asks question A

I directly, immediately answer.

eel talks for ten minutes about his work history, makes some veiled insults, throws some accusations, diverts, says he doesn't know if our govt is corrupt, and then concludes with a claim that I never answered.:l

2. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Okie, you provide a response but not an answer. You provide ideology while I provide real life corporate experiences. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. That's what's wrong with a lot of folks who post here. They wish to only see one side. I don't like many aspects of the proposed federal plan but I also recognize that the private sector isn't going to fix healthcare either if left alone to do so. I don't post on many other issues because I don't have enough experience and insight, real life, to really be able to form a position that I can justify myself. However, on healthcare, I do have substantial experience from the financing standpoint, care delivery standpoint, how incentives work or don't work and where this is all headed without some external forces that drive change. I have no intent to insult anyone and I don't use words and/or personal attacks because there is simply no value in doing so. As I believe I said before, we should start another thread that posts specific questions that each of us can answer and provide data and details because I believe you have good points and perspectives, even if they differ from mine. Oh, and do I believe our government is corrupt, no. Are there aspects, divisions or such that might be engaged in corrupt activities, I would guess yes. But, I don't have proof and I don't like all encompassing statements about the "government" because the "government" is people and to suggest that they are all corrupt, is an accusation that I can't prove or support and have no experience in dealing with. Maybe you have better insight into that and feel comfortable in making such a statement.

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

There ya have it folks. Eel river is above reproach (or is that above a roach). Maybe one of the most asinine, intellectually bankrupt, idiotic observations in PAF history. Normally that level of arrogance is limited to Jaeger's posts. What are ya thinking? :scratch

4. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

'Govt' is too broad and in referring to your prior statement where we were discussing specific things, I have referred to it as 'govt'. That's an overreach.

My point was and is in regards to your apparent belief in a separation of said govt from business and also specifically on things like govt programs being a 'step in the right direction'. They are things like 2000 pages of 'the secretary shall have the authority' which wasn't technically voted on and pharma lobbyists writing Medicare part D as they walk hand in hand to the bank.

Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

We MIGHT get something positive from govt on such things. However, it will be when said govt consists of Coburns, Pauls, etc and the WH isn't occupied by a pandering puppet. I don't care which party, but it ain't looking good for some time....

Yes, govt is from/by the people. You know, those people who you rant on for making such poor decisions with regards to their health. Shall we magically expect to see leadership of character, integrity, humility? The vast majority of folks can't name their representation.

Reality? I deal with reality daily just as you do. The fact that I will note foundational principles within discussions on said reality in no way means what you state it does.

50% pay no federal income tax.

You can pick the Americans out at any airport.

You can eat your way into a check.

The vast majority of marriages fall apart.

Breast cancer charities are shamed into funding abortions.

'Public service' makes one a millionaire.

Congressmen fight the plight of the little man while parking their yacht where they avoid taxation.

One party's presidential candidate will be R. Santorum or M. Romney

The current president is B. Obama

People can't pay their bills but they're ranting about prohibiting the darn gays from being equally recognized under the law.

Fluke is our future and Maher is our comedy.

Boehner and McConnell are from the better party.

But hey, Idol is on.

Don't lecture me about reality, sir.

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

:clap :clap :clap :clap

6. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

That's pretty realistic Okie. :tu