Does Your Employer Let you Bring Your Dog to Work?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by AvianQuest, Mar 8, 2018.

1. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

This is from a website where employees can rate there job experience. I thought this was a pretty interesting perk...

Ducks Unlimited

"Relaxing Office Environment that allow people to bring their dogs"

Administrative Assistant

I have enjoyed working for this company. It is a conservation company for the waterfowl. It is extremely detailed with various types of positions such as biologist, scientists, program conservation managers. I have learned a lot and it is so relaxed to come to work. The people are wonderful and work well together.

Even though I am only filling in for a person on medical leave, they take the time to train me, answer all my questions and make me feel like I am part of their company.

I enjoy working with my Office Manager, who is great to talk with and always encouraging as I learn.

I love coming to work and having everyday a dog greet me. Taking a break and walking around to the different offices and giving treats to these dogs that the owners bring in. It makes everyone's day to have the dogs there. I wish all companies would allow this. It would cause less stress in the work environment!!

I will truly miss being apart of this wonderful, kind Company.

Pros: Tension Free and fun people
    Cons: Only a Temporary Position

2. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Yes - I own a 1/3 of the company, so occasionally my dog comes to the office. My current lab is 2 1/2 and still little more hyper for lots of office visits, my last lab while all go in the duck blind, would conk out in a minute so she came about once a week.

3. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

everyday with my dog.

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Self-employed... I have brought the dog to work... Vet appointments, early afternoon shoot (after work), spraying the house for bugs, etc...

It is too much of a pain for me to want to do it every day. I am in the room with patients, and every dog I have brought in, has at some point gotten off his/her place to seek me out... And what is the point of bringing the dog to work and put them in a kennel???

Yeah, and what happens when multiple employees bring their dogs in, and some yahoo brings in the pitbull that eats Fi-Fi, or worse bites a fellow employee???

My dogs are by no means perfect, but they are vastly more behaved than most dogs... And they still manage to get into trouble at times. I would see such a perk as a tremendous liability for almost any company...

5. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I own my own business, and both of our dogs come to the office everyday.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No. I cant. Or I would. My dogs relaxed and just happy to be by my side. Can’t let him hear our govt secrets though. :(

7. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Nope. Wish I could

8. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Been lucky enough to have some jobs I couldn't or wouldn't do without the dog.

9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

We had a service dog come into our office now and then a while back. The dog brought happiness to all our staff and all our visitors. It was a little dog and was so entertained chasing an empty water bottle across the tiled floor. I remember when I was visiting England. People would bring their dogs to the pubs and they were so well behaved. You now see them at outside coffee shops here in the US. We'll get there.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

As long as I'm selling I could bring whatever the hell I want to work!

Funny how sales works; if you're selling they literally don't give a rip what you're doing or how you're doing it. But let those sales slip and they'll critique every tiny little thing they can think of, no matter how asinine it is.