Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dog killed while retrieving goose near Pocatello

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Peregrine, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Kudu

Kudu Senior Refuge Member

Do you have any other hunting partners apart from a pooch...:l

2. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

Kudu, you may think that was funny but, doesnt sit well with me and Im sure not with a lot of others on this one.:mad: Id say more to ya but probably would get banned from here if i did.

3. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Kudu

I am sure you thought you were being funny but really a classless comment to make on an very sad situation. :fp

4. goosepond

Sounds like they have the individual that shot the dog, but, from what the news said, its a whole different story than the owner said, and I would tend to believe the dog owner on this one. Supposedly the shooter was feeding cows and thought the dog was a coyote, ya right. Hope he has good protection and he doesnt raise coyotes too. Sounds like the name will be released very soon by the Sheriff and/or prosecutor.

Katie bar the door when the info does come out, and thanks to everyone who may have provided information as it was the public that gave enough info to force the shooter to turn himself in to the Sheriff.:clap:clap:clap:amen

5. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

On the news this morning they said that Gunner was shot at 5 feet:scratch

6. HEVI ON HONKERS

HEVI ON HONKERS Elite Refuge Member

That makes me sick,can't believe someone would do that.that person a real Class act.

7. badhabit

badhabit Elite Refuge Member

Any updates on this one??

8. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

9. goosepond

Well as most of us figured the sheriff and prosecuting attorney didnt have the guts to prosecute the jerk for shooting the dog. :mad::mad: It was on the tv last night that the prosecutor said he couldnt meet the intent of shooting the dog so he dismissed the charges. The a** who shot the dog volunarily said he would give up his hunting and fishing license for 2 year for as bad as he felt about shooting the dog. Big geal, doesnt bring gunner back. To me, the F&G should not only take his license permanently, but, also go for prosecution of shooting from the road and what ever else they can get him on.

Hope that the shooter of gunner doesnt get any damage to his property and then whoever does it go on vacation like the a** did himself. Not sure they really got all the facts of the case based on what a lot have heard the shooter say, and didnt take the words of gunners owner serious when they interviewed him and put the case together.

On tv last night the county prosecutor looked like a deer in the headlights of a car trying to explain why he dismissed the charges. Sure didnt impress me and when the elections come up next time, I hope there is a push and we can get him and the sheriff both removed due to how this case was (wasnt) handeled. Remember, they work for all of us, not just their friends.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_e8b438e8-845f-11e3-87cb-001a4bcf887a.html

10. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

Disgusting.