Dogtra battery replacement

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Squaller, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I have a 2-dog collar and transmitter that I need to replace the batteries on.

It would appear to be a costly venture to send the collars in for battery replacement, and I am wondering if there is anyone here who has replaced the batteries...

I understand that the collars and transmitters are sealed to be waterproof, and am wondering how much of an issue it is to replace the batteries and reseal successfully?

I am also wondering where you get the batteries?

Marc.

2. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

Try Amazon-that's where I got mine. It's doable. but you have to be careful not to crimp the leads when reassembling. Good luck.

3. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I have changed my dogtra batteries, not hard at all. Bought from dogtra direct. Just need a tiny screwdriver. just make sure everything lines up when you put back together.

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Like CA said, there is nothing to it. I have changed mine twice, with batteries I bought from Dogtra. Don't screw up the little rubber seal and you should be golden.

BirdJ likes this.
  5. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

I've always got batteries from Dogtra. You can get aftermarket ones on Amazon cheaper, just depends on the model.

Like the others said, they're easy to change just be careful with the seal and don't overtighten.

6. 2dogs1949

2dogs1949 Senior Refuge Member

I changed mine with batteries from Dogtra The transmitter went fine bit the receiver I couldn't get the screws out and stripped them trying. Use a screw driver that fits very well.

7. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

I would not go to Amazon. The collar is such an important and complex piece of equipment so go to the experts. Check out Collar Clinic online.... send them the collar, they have the battery and for a few bucks more you have piece of mind. I have changed batteries many times in my old TriTronics and it is real easy but like I said for a few bucks more you'll have it done to perfection w/ a guarantee.