Doh!

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Feb 3, 2018.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Things like this won’t help sell the new tax law. Paul Ryan bragged on Twitter how a secretary in PA received an extra $1.50/week in her paycheck. Yes, a $1.50. What’s bad is he bragged about it. God help us...

“A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, PA, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week ... she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-secretary-getting-1-210730418.html

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Are there some offsetting charges against her paycheck like increases in medical...union dues...or state income taxes?

3. buck_master_2001

Who knows. My point is, Ryan going on twitter and bragging about $1.50/week increases is not going to help sell this.

I figure we will hear wide numbers from exaggerated high to exaggerated low in paycheck changes. People will most likely not take into account other changes so seeing the true change might be hard to see. My hours vary week to week so it might be harder to “see”. My wife is salaried so hers will be easy to see.

4. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

I just checked my renewal notice. A Costco premium membership is $120 per year. A regular membership is $60. As a buck fifty equals $78 annually, she may be correct.

5. buck_master_2001

Thank God that cost is covered. Hallelujah. Thank you, Trump! Ha!

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

$78x 26 paychecks, for me.

7. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

I thought it was sweet when the lady said it, saw it amongst other tweets telling of their increases, most were much higher, but it was nice and she seemed happy about it.... every bit helps. Maybe she was being sarcastic, I might have missed it.

Maybe that is why he chose hers out of the many.... definitely opened himself up, but maybe people are missing the point. I know many people, that $78 makes a differenc

8. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

9. buck_master_2001

Yeah, except Americans were sold on a lot more than a $1.50/week.

I can almost guarantee the girl was being sarcastic.

Ol’ PR just looked like a jack azz tweeting about this. This is not helping our cause one bit. Hopefully her story is extremely rare.

10. AZ Draht

AZ Draht Senior Refuge Member

Being pleasantly surprised sounds to me like she is happy to receive it. Why does it bother you that she is happy?

How much, according to you elitists, should she have to receive before she can be pleasantly surprised?

API and lugnut like this.