Don't be lazy

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Tuck31, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Read this and other articles by the author. If it is too long for you then you are part of the problem, and you won't understand why we risk losing our republic.

One of my favorite excepts:

"Erasure of collective memory. Another crime of radical education reform is its attack on the study of history, civics, and the classics of literature. Today we can see the bitter fruits of such 1960s radical education reform, which has roots going back to 1920s with John Dewey. If we are no longer able to place ourselves and society into the context of historical events, our vision going forward will be blurred at best.

It gets even worse if we don’t learn how our form of government functions. Today fewer and fewer college students have the capacity to understand that the First Amendment serves as a buffer against totalitarianism, not something to be abolished under the pretext of “hate speech.” And depriving students exposure to literary classics like Shakespeare (based on the charge that such works are “Western” and therefore ethnocentric) prevents them from discussing the universal human condition and our common humanity.

Instead, students are increasingly fed grievance studies and identity politics. As universities go this route, it trickles down to K-12 education. As a result, we are losing the social glue of our common traditions and heritage—not just as a nation, but as human beings. This cultivation of ignorance by the education establishment over the years compounds the isolating effect on people. It makes youth especially vulnerable to becoming fodder for power elites."

RTWTH:
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/07/first-3-phases-downward-slope-freedom-communism/

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

From the linked content...
    Fundamentally, we are the sum total of not only our individual life experience, but also of the accumulation of all those before us. IMHO, denying that truth is essentially how a herdsman approaches animals. Ah look... it a peek into the future. The brave new world of bipedal cattle.

3. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling". Students don't have the "capacity". What a crock of bull crap. They have the capacity and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Maybe the aren't taught it at HOME, or in school, but they have the capacity. All this crying about the educational system. Based on the progress of our world, innovation and science and many other aspects, I'd say the students of today are a heck of a lot more capable and excel in the capacity to understand field. Their frankly kicking the rear ends of the older folks.

4. API

They have "potential". The questions are about their usefulness.
    As noted... Will potential be translated into something useful?
    No they're not. They can't even put on a successful ANTIFA protest. :l

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/0...protests-nationwide-turned-out-to-be-dud.html

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

George Orwell, one of the if not the most studied political authors, said something exactly about this.

I'll find the link later once I finish eating my late lunch here in the kitchen.

6. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Dude you need to relax. The point is that from a societal aspect, the masses are being manipulated. You would have to be blind to not see this. And of course there are many extremely bright kids, but it is the masses that will sow the seeds of destruction of this country, just as was done in Russia, China, Venezuela. We are not immune to this, as you see it on a daily basis with the social justice warriors trying to force conformity of thought.

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3706.George_Orwell

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
    George Orwell

API likes this.
  8. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

I’ve said for years: Gramsci and Andropov mapped ALL these details out. They were started in the 60s. The best mules? Those that think pulling the wagon was their own idea.

stevena198301 and API like this.
  9. API

Lo and behold!!! Imagine that heresy! @ALMODUX presenting a case positing that what’s considered the new thought ain’t really all that new. That ought to cause some convulsions. :l

WHUP ! Hen and stevena198301 like this.
  10. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I can honestly say from first hand knowledge that my two teen daughters have had some outlandish assignments pushed on them that my wife, I and other parents can't believe the teachers and school board have endorsed. so much for the study of American history in school for the most part. the liberal agenda is definitely getting pushed on many students by teachers and the school board.

snipe n likes this.