Don't some of y'all have Filipino relatives?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Bear, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...illed-in-clash-with-rebels/?intcmp=latestnews

Ibid.: MANILA, Philippines ? More than 30 police commandos were killed in a clash with Muslim insurgents Sunday in the southern Philippines in the biggest single-day combat loss for Philippine forces in many years, officials said.

The commandos had entered the far-flung village of Tukanalipao at dawn looking for a top terror suspect, but had a "misencounter" with members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and other insurgents, Mayor Tahirudin Benzar Ampatuan of Mamasapano town told The Associated Press by telephone.

Other insurgents in the area later joined in fighting the outnumbered police forces, the mayor said.

Couple of guys I went to school with had Filipino mothers from "service marriages."

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

This is happening in the Philippine state of Maguindanao (see embedded links) which I recall to be a pretty rugged place to begin with.

3. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

Yep, religion still sucks.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yep...the village was supposed to be over an hours foot travel off road. Should have not kicked the ant hill but governments gotta do what governments gotta do. I guess.

5. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

Yes my wife is from the PI. Most of her family is in the southern part. I dont think that kind of thing will ever stop there.

6. API

The fil's wife is from Cebu which is a relatively calm place, however, her father is living in the trouble spot. Report is that locals keep eyes wide open. I recall the old Navy days in the PI and even then word was to stay clear.

7. badhabit

badhabit Elite Refuge Member

I saw this on liveleak. Said the commandos ran out of ammo.

8. Huntges11

Huntges11 Senior Refuge Member

I think I would change my groups name so the acronym wasn't MILF.......Sorry, carry on.

9. API

Maybe there's more to the group than meets the eye. :l