Dove Fact Sheet

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by Mike Rossi, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Mike Rossi

Mike Rossi New Member

2. Vahunter

Vahunter Senior Refuge Member

Just saw this. Good information.

I guess you're trying to get a dove season. Good luck with it.

The ones from up your way are good shooting and eating when they get down here.

3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Good post - and good luck getting dove hunting passed in NY. A little information can go a long way. :tu

When dove season was passed in MN back in 2004 - the following winter their were complaints that there were no doves in Minneapolis during the winter because the hunters shot them all in the fall and left their carcasses in the fields to rot...

Until it was pointed out to those who complained that the reason there were no doves in Minneapolis during the winter was not because of dove hunters but because doves are migratory birds....

4. Vahunter

Vahunter Senior Refuge Member

Classic. Some people are about that dumb. Others are big enough liars that they'll try to exploit it.

My wife' best friend, no anti-hunter by any means, thought doves were white and were song birds...... We had to explain; I just wish I had some to grill for her.:yes

5. ALLSTAR 1

ALLSTAR 1 Elite Refuge Member

This is exactly why it is so important that we hunters respect the resource! Whether it is doves or Snow Geese or ducks. When we do get into a situation that the harvest is more than we are expecting, buck up and clean them, give them to needy folks, or try some new recipes. A pile of doves left to rot under a shade tree with a 12 pack of cans on top makes a picture just made for the anti-hunting crowd.( and something I hope I never run into again)

6. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

It was a lie they told that hunters left dead doves out in the field to further their baseless anti-dove hunting agenda. They incorrectly believed that it was "over hunting" that was to blame that the dove numbers were "down" that winter - when in fact - doves migrate out of MN before the winter.

They wanted people to falsely believe that dove hunters do not respect the resource and that their being no doves in MN in the winter was their proof. Lying idiots.

7. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

The point when writing something like that is to slant it your way but don't be obvious about it! this article did not even come close to pulling that off! One to two breasts are a meal.....for what an Oompa Loompa!:scratch

seriously where is he finding these doves at Three Mile Island? Hell it would take a couple Eurasians to equal up to that much meat!

8. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

If it were only TRUE!!LL