DOVE SHELL GIMMICK ?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I get mine from Gamaliel Shooting Supply. The Remington STS Pigeon loads are pricey, very effective, and only available in 7 1/2's now (they discontinued the 8's )

2. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I was on Gamaliel's site the other day and did not see them offered. I need to take a trip over to their store its out in the middle of nowhere and see what they have. I only live about an hour and a half away. I must say I was impressed this weekend with the STS 1oz 8.5 shot on doves. My LM and MOD liked them out of my Citori

Mayes

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

If you want some REAL pigeon loads , try some 12HV1157 Fiocchi 1330 fps 1 1/5 oz of 7 1/2's , as these are for very long distance shots !
    I reload a similar load with copper 6's that will break clay targets out past 75 yds !

4. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I may give them a try, they have them at our local Rural King. I am sure though it will be at an expensive price

Mayes

5. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Ok Digweed..:l:l:D

6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hey Joe , do you think King George was shooting "Promo Loads" as he was breaking Clay targets at 120 yds ?
    So why can't I at 75 yds with a 1 1/4 oz of copper 6's , sometimes ? :yes:l:l
    You never know when someone is working his way up , the ladder !! :tu

7. 10GAGENUT

I hear ya. As I'm getting older I'm starting to appreciate the fact I can still make the 40 yard shots..:rolleyes:

8. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I prefer the larger payload of the 1 1/4oz pigeon loads offered by Remington and Winchester....if you can find them.

9. Johnbjr

Johnbjr New Member

Remington and winchester no longer manufacturer pigeon loads. RST does. Check out website

10. 10GAGENUT

Both Winchester and Remington still manufacture the loads they just don't call them Pigeon loads anymore. Winchester calls them High Brass game and Remington calls them Express XLR, both are 1 1/4 oz and available in shot sizes from #4 to #9.