Draw Advocates...

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by In Close, Nov 26, 2016.

1. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    A video, depicting the equivalent of a 3 mph fender bender in a parking lot triggers your wants of someone telling you when and where you can hunt...and worse, if you can hunt at all. A video, similar to videos from previous years of the start of every other duck season with as much contact and as dangerous as floating the Buffalo River. If this scares you, you must be terrified to drive in rush hour traffic.

The only "fault" lies with those holding the tiller...or the boat in or near the front stopping or slowing when all others anticipate it accelerating. The AGFC has not caused anything. If you think so, you must subscribe to the notion that the AHTD causes car crashes.

A few questions:

What do you hope to achieve by advocating for a draw?
    Is it worth not getting to hunt many if not most days?
    If you get drawn, will you be happy if you get drawn last and get the worst spot?
    Are you happy to get up early enough to attend a draw, sit through the draw, and go home?
    Who do you think a draw will affect most?

Personally, I don't care if or how many boats take off at 4:00...or how fast they leave. I race legal shooting hours. I choose to hunt places most don't use and could care less if I hunt the famous holes...I don't even try. I'd rather hunt where and when I want. I get to make the decision to hunt where others aren't, not where a government official tells me I can hunt.

Skybuster94 and mister gadwall like this.
  2. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

3. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

As stupid as this crap can become, I'll never be in favor of a damn draw....for the exact reasons you laid out....

I want to hunt where I want to hunt when I want to hunt for weather/wind/nostalgia or just plain ol' freedom.... don't want to be told I can't hunt nor that I have to hunt a North wind hole on a South wind cloudy day. Yes it sucks balls to find your favored hole taken or to have some jackass setup on top of you....but I can still control those outcomes by my own free actions....can't do anything when being held by the hand of old Uncle Sam, but hope he pulled your number and lucked you into the right spot(no thanks)

4. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Somehow the mass of idiots has to be educated? I guess it maybe the mind state of the people that are and were involved in that situation and or in hunting etiquette / common sense hunting situations. My read is most need that azz whipped (Mom & Dad did not) or a good old fashion rough talking too. It just amazes me to NO END!!

5. deltadukman

deltadukman Senior Refuge Member

From someone in MS who has had a lot of my old places I used to hunt ruined by idiots I will say you would rather deal with the idiots than the draw. The draw hunts at the duck parks suck. You DO NOT want draws, Trust me. Yall need a pass to kick these little brats asses, but not a draw.

6. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

^^^ This!

The draw / reservation system has killed hunting ( opportunity) in Missouri.

regarding the video, a little enforcement could go a long way.

feetdown71 likes this.
  7. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

The idiots amaze me.....I'm speechless :h

8. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

Grandaddy said some of the worst things a man goes through in life....he brings on himself!

Farmer Floyd likes this.
  9. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

This is nothing more than the fruits of Baby Boomers spoiling their progeny into thinking the world owes them something. These irresponsible parents have raised Generation V .

If you can't handle pressure, save your money and hunt on private land.

Off the top of my head, I've had people walk through my decoys with 20 or 30 birds working me. I've had a guy come in and pepper me and my son while set up less than 75 yards away. You grit your teeth, figure out a work around and let it make you a better hunter. If you hunt public, you have to be agile and mobile.

3inch3's likes this.
  10. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

draws suck