Draw Advocates...

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by In Close, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

I got dizzy reading that.

2. Hugatree

Isn't the annual revenue around $20 million for duck season in general?

3. skywatcher1

skywatcher1 Elite Refuge Member

You all need Quick Draw, Reservations as its the best thing you will ever have for duck hunting down there!!!!

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Not sure of the exact number but it's enough that AGFC isn't going to issue a statewide quota on OOS licenses, IMO.

5. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

Thank you!

Ya'll can complain about NR hunters all you want, but get rid of all out of staters, and your woods will still be crowded.

Biggest problem is simply most duckhunters are just a bunch of ***holes now with their compulsive disregard for other hunters...who sadly won't hesitate crowding a group that's pulling the trigger...all in the name of facebook duck commander status.

6. Hugatree

Add to that this: Duck hunting is way too over commercialized. Frameworks are built for the $bucks$ and not the ducks. Whether or not hunting has that much to do with duck populations is up for debate but there's no debating we have created a super PhD. race of puddle ducks due to too much pressure, consecutive 60-72 day seasons, consecutive 6 duck limits and all these gadgets out there. I look at some of the 17 yo kids on my sons snap chat whose daddys' have then rolling with $80-$90K worth of duck rig and i shake my head. A pick up with 40" rims and skinny tires is our future? SMH

7. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

8. Wingmead

Wingmead Elite Refuge Member

Standing in Floating White Down Feathers in AR
    Ok, I didn't read any of the previous 5 pages, not one post, but I did read the title.

Answer: Yes, all non residents should have to apply for a chance to draw a hunt on a WMA and be present for said draw at 2AM. Draws should be limited to 1 spot per WMA. At first I was going to advocate that they not be allowed to launch until 6:30, but then who wants anyone shot chasing and running through their spread. They should be allowed to launch immediately following their draw at 2.

9. ArkieMan

ArkieMan Senior Refuge Member

If you don't believe limiting out of state hunting at Bayou Meto would help overcrowding, you've never checked license plates at the boat ramp.....

10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

What are you poor AR hands gonna do when they limit OOSers on public land but it doesn't do a damn thing to reduce crowds? Limit Out-of-Area Coders? Out-of-Zip Coders?